Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cathay to move to Changi Terminal 4 in 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay to move to Changi Terminal 4 in 2017

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: CX-DM, BA-GGL, Marriott-TI, HHonors-DM
Originally Posted by ermen
the good thing about t1 was that you could use the qantas lounge for cx evening/night departures
+1
Old Mar 7, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by ermen
the good thing about t1 was that you could use the qantas lounge for cx evening/night departures
And me thinks that was a large part of the reason for CX to move to T4.

It ain't a 'LCC Terminal', but do recall reading that it can only accommodate 4 Widebodies or so at the same time..I've seen >4 CX planes on the ground in SIN at gates at the same time...

Would love to be wrong, but I do see the makings of a CX+Air Asia terminal in here (3K needing to stay with QF). With time on hand, I do intend to make CX pay by using the painful buses to T1 and Ali's impressive QF lounge
Old Mar 7, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jagmeets
And me thinks that was a large part of the reason for CX to move to T4.

It ain't a 'LCC Terminal', but do recall reading that it can only accommodate 4 Widebodies or so at the same time..I've seen >4 CX planes on the ground in SIN at gates at the same time...

Would love to be wrong, but I do see the makings of a CX+Air Asia terminal in here (3K needing to stay with QF). With time on hand, I do intend to make CX pay by using the painful buses to T1 and Ali's impressive QF lounge
Maybe CX could beat QF on SIN Lounge.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 11:05 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by Marco Polo
Premium priced airline with two manned checkin counters?
How ridiculous
What kind of premium service is that ?
Come to T2 at LHR,where most airlines only have 1-2 counters and they are for J only. If you are statusless Y flyer,you have to check in via kiosks.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 6:19 pm

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
Flew out of SIN yesterday, check in staff told me supposedly to move in July but may have some delays. Not sure how reliable but that's what she said when I asked the question.

I can't wait to use T4 when CX has its own lounge. The current Dnata lounge is just so depressing to sit in (I found it too dark). And I have never come across a lounge with such uncomfortable seats (literally all seat has an 90 degree upright position). Now I always arrive at airport around 60 mins before departure, skip the lounge and head to the food court for some local food before boarding the plane. This way I can avoid the lounge, feed myself full so I can avoid the sub-par food on-board, and catch up on my work or rest once airborne.
Agreed on the DNATA lounge, but why not use the QF lounge. I suspect everyone with GO and DM status does.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by KACommuter
Agreed on the DNATA lounge, but why not use the QF lounge. I suspect everyone with GO and DM status does.
For my case I normally take the morning flights out of SIN, BA and QF lounges are still closed so I normally get some Kaya Toast and Kopi O at the food court near the DNATA lounge instead.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by Ausriver
We can but hope... If they have their own lounge in T4 and it's at least as good as their recent new lounges that will be a huge plus.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 6:31 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
We can but hope... If they have their own lounge in T4 and it's at least as good as their recent new lounges that will be a huge plus.
at least it should be better than CX MNL lounge
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:31 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
I don't always fly out of SIN in the late afternoon/evening. Otherwise I'd always head over to QF lounge
Old Mar 9, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by Ausriver
disagree

no other OW airlines will use T4 so they wont attract OW crowd that banks them 50buck each visit... so they will probably get away with minimal lounge and call it "enhancement" such as "it will be small so u dont have to walk around and we wont serve food so you can enjoy our 5* influght catering instead"

also saves them not having to pay QF/BA lounge as any smart business.class or elite members will head there instead (at.cost to cx of course)
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
really? in my visits there (normally just once the qf lounge opens), i haven't seen any cx pax...

the location for one is slightly inconvenient (nearer C gates vs the D gates)...
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
is the QF lounge a better option than the BA lounge?
Old Mar 9, 2017, 7:18 pm

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by surryson
is the QF lounge a better option than the BA lounge?
Food wise and overall I think it is a definite yes - a nicer ambience. However I find QF lounge very crowded in late afternoon/early evening when there are so many QF flights bound for Australia whereas BA lounge won't get crowded till much later in the evening when their 2 LHR flights depart.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 3:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
FYI

"Multiple biometric checks at Changi Airport Terminal 4"

The Straits Times - March 12, 2017

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...ngi-airport-t4

Quote:
"Travellers at Changi Airport Terminal 4 will experience a full suite of biometric technology for fingerprint, iris and facial scanning - as part of plans to beef up border security at checkpoints across the island.

T4, which will open towards the end of the year, will be Singapore's first checkpoint with multiple biometric capabilities, though they will not all be immediately activated."........
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
While I was on the SkyTrain from T3 to T1, I took this photo of part of the construction for the "Jewel" as they call it.

Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.