Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cathay to move to Changi Terminal 4 in 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay to move to Changi Terminal 4 in 2017

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Honestly I don't know how far away T4 is until I read Audio's comment and then went to check out the map... The needs to take shuttle before taking MRT feels like FUK... But in FUK it's international terminal v. domestic terminal....

Think I should buffer more time for my travel in early December....
Old Sep 26, 2017, 2:24 am

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Can anyone share the promo code from the T4 launch for flights to BKK?
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...ht/cag-t4.html

Am trying to figure out if there is a better deal out there with the current advance purchase J fare at $598.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:37 pm

FYI, media preview of new SIN T4 lounge is Friday Oct 27, ahead of public opening (with first CX flights) the following week.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 9:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
SIN Changi Airport put together this detailed and informative web page for CX and the move to T4

http://t4.changiairport.com/themes/t...ic-English.pdf

Attached Images     
allset2travel likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 9:59 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
From what I gather, there's no direct link between T3/T1 to T4? It'll be quite a pain to transfer via T2 by bus and skytrain
Old Oct 22, 2017, 12:25 am

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by SilverChris
From what I gather, there's no direct link between T3/T1 to T4? It'll be quite a pain to transfer via T2 by bus and skytrain
That last picture shows a transfer bus to T1-3 after immigrations. Still no idea what else is available without clearing customs other than a bus to T2
Old Oct 22, 2017, 2:22 am

lol CX failed to negotiate to get into the future T5 or T3

SQ gets brilliant gates at HKG
Old Oct 22, 2017, 6:47 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Kachjc
lol CX failed to negotiate to get into the future T5 or T3
and you know this because? T4 is definitely an improvement from T1. At least CX will now have a proper lounge, CX pax don't normally connect out of SIN so my guess is its not very important to them that there are no direct link from the other terminals.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:44 pm

T4 IS THE LCC terminal
has no connections by APM to other terminals
Changi thinks CX is an LCC... not surprising!
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
T4 IS THE LCC terminal
do you fly out of SIN often? I do...the CX experience at T1 sucks and has sucked for a while. The check-in experience is small and bad. The lounges are only good if you're there while BA and QF are open; Dnata is downright crap. And you usually have an extremely long walk to the gate. I always laugh when SIN wins airport awards because I think it's highly skewed by people who want the "wow!" factor (there is a rainforest in my airport!) and don't traverse airports for a living. I don't fly for fun...I fly for work. I want predictability and speed. And the CX experience hasn't offered that at T1 for a while, especially since they switched to just four manned check-in desks and no dedicated F line. I couldn't get a mobile BP a month ago and waited 15 minutes in line just to get my damn BP. It's a crap experience at SIN.

I'll agree in principle it doesn't sound very good to have the ex-budget terminal be CX's terminal. But, I can see how this is a win too. I don't see any value passing judgement until it opens and kinks are ironed out after a week or two.

I'll be candid: most of CX's customers who pay the bills are not transiting SIN. I know I don't. So I don't give two squats about connecting. If CX builds a fantastic lounge in T4, that will be an obvious upgrade over the existing T1 situation especially in the mornings, when QF and BA are closed. And if this no-human-interaction immigration thing actually works for check-in and immigration, that's great too. And if the lounge is extremely close to the gate (or if it's NEXT to the gate!), that will be a perfect victory over T1 in my book. Right now you can walk and walk and walk from the lounge to the CX gates in T1.

Basically I just want speed, predictability and a nice place to sit around and work/relax if I get there early. So far, I don't see a reason to criticize. If it opens and sucks, then I will.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:45 pm

Agreed above. T1 is not a great airport for CX passengers. I'm hoping T4 will be better, i may be flying out of there on 1st November.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:51 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
I'm visiting SIN in the second week of December for weekend wedding. Flying on CX with Avios redemption tix, I will have been demoted to AM by then but wife has newly acquired GR. What I envisage:

1. Can't use automated immigration gates because we have not travelled to SIN for 3 times/12 months

2. Probably will go for manned boarding counter - we have luggage (not going to hand carry suit/dresses) and wife had unpleasant experience at the HKG luggage self-check in machines last time.

3. Transportation neutral - we'll probably cab into town given o'dark hundred arrival times and probably cab back too

4. Shopping seems to be at a disadvantage because wife can no longer roam terminals for Charles & Keith if we get there early

5. If Blossom opens by December then we'll be covered for lounge. But then again I envisage Changi will install water fountains like T1-T3 in T4 restricted area anyway and we'll carry empty bottles to fill up.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 1:57 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
T4 IS THE LCC terminal
T4 is built on the site that used to be the LCC terminal. Although AirAsia and its affiliates will be operating from T4, it doesn't really necessarily mean that it is a LCC terminal.

KE is also moving to Terminal 4 together with CX. I think they will be the only 2 wide body operators from T4, while the rest will be narrow bodies.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
T4 is built on the site that used to be the LCC terminal. Although AirAsia and its affiliates will be operating from T4, it doesn't really necessarily mean that it is a LCC terminal.

KE is also moving to Terminal 4 together with CX. I think they will be the only 2 wide body operators from T4, while the rest will be narrow bodies.
with respect
CX failed
they could have go everything T4 offers and more had the been in the new T5 or negotiated to get into T3
Now it sits alongside Air Asia

the equivalent is SQ getting the North Satellite Concourse at HKG...

I do travel to and through Singapore and follow their airport development.

Anyone who does not think that T4 is the "crap airline" terminal is dreaming
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:51 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
If CX negotiated to get into Terminal 5, they wouldn't be moving until the late 2020s. I think that would be a bigger fail.

Anyway - CX is moving to Terminal 4, let's talk about the move that is happening, not moves that could have happened.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.