New PYE F Pajamas - Free Gift?

Old Dec 20, 2013, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We flew SFO-HKG F on Dec 12. I dont see such a coupon in my PYE bag. I dont remember seeing a tag on the bag which is sewn up. I ripped it open to make sure the size S worked for me. Husband does not take his PJ. He decided it was too bulky to take for the next 25 hot days in SE Asia. I thought I might need it when we return to HKG in January. Also PYE has nicer quality than ST. Both FAs were very enthusiastic about it.

We actually would stay at JWM and Conrad when we return to HKG. May drop by PYE to see what is the hype is all about.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL Platinum & MM, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I flew LAX-HKG-vv earlier this month and had the general clothing tag and the voucher attached to the handles of the cloth PJ bag in both directions.

I wasn't planning on making a special trip to PYE but ended up at Pacific Place and popped in. It really is quite a nice gift and worth a visit to pick up. I probably would have spent more time looking at the shirts if I hadn't already been to a tailor elsewhere in the city.

As for the PJs themselves I really like the heather gray version I got on the way over and am glad I kept them. On the return they were a darker solid color. The slippers are also more substantial and comfortable than other disposable ones I've had.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 4:29 am

Ha I found mine. Didn't expect it to be so small. How far away is the shop form the airport in Hong Kong? I am thinking about picking up the giftset on the way back.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by yoyo
Ha I found mine. Didn't expect it to be so small. How far away is the shop form the airport in Hong Kong? I am thinking about picking up the giftset on the way back.
Easy enough to get to with Pacific Place just across the road from the Admiralty bus station. Trams stop outside as well. Exit C1 from the MTR.
Bank of China tower 5 mins or less up the road if you wanted to head up the Peak afterwards..
Old Dec 21, 2013, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Glad to see some people taking advantage of this.

Be aware, though: it's a ploy! I wound up spending about 5000 HKD on new dress and casual shirts when I went to collect my "free" gift!
Old Dec 21, 2013, 11:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I spent nothing although a couple of shirts did appeal to me. Might pick up some in the future.

Are the handkerchiefs designed to show off fabrics and patterns more than anything?
Old Dec 22, 2013, 2:45 am

Programs: CX DM, AA Plat Pro, SQ Gold, EK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by xenole
If I get one on tommorows flight, I'll pick these up. No real intention of paying 80-90 for a set of pyjamas at the same time though or anything else at those prices....
Will likely have a spare set or two from my next F flights anyway.
Hi, the PJs they sell in the store are actually even nicer material than the free ones we got on board. Cheers
Old Dec 22, 2013, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xenole
Are the handkerchiefs designed to show off fabrics and patterns more than anything?
I've been using them as a pocket squares.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 1:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Anything bigger with the new vendor?
Old Jan 3, 2014, 8:39 am

Got the coupon on the flight out of HKG as well. Now I have 4 of these and am wondering if there is any other gifts you can choose from besides the handkerchiefs. Anyone actually use handkerchiefs nowadays?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got the vouchers on the HKG-SFO flight back home on Jan 12th.

Would be in HKG again for couple days this Sept. May drop by to see if they still give out the same gift.

The PJ given out on our return leg, the S size remains the heavier grey color material same as the one on our inbound flight in December while the M size has changed to a dark color that I could not describe what it is, and of lighter material.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 11:14 am

The gift voucher is still there. Got the dark blue PJ flying into HKG. It is definitely nicer than the previous Shanghai Tang PJ.
I stay on the Kowloon side, so most likely will not redeem my voucher.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

The new navy blue color is nice, but I'm hoping they add something a bit more fun to the color palette. The old ST's had some funky trim varieties.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 6:33 pm

Programs: BA
If anyone who doesn't want their coupons are welcome to gift them to me.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by MattPol
The new navy blue color is nice, but I'm hoping they add something a bit more fun to the color palette. The old ST's had some funky trim varieties.
I loved the ST PJ. The design was elegant and quality good. I have a collection of most colors, using them constantly after several wash and still attractive.

But the new PYE are excellent too. I do not like the grey color, but the dark blue ones are really elegant. A nice change that is not a downgrade.

All FAs seem unaware that the tag contains a gift voucher.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.