Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

The Wing-let - a lounge for any questions and discussions [NEWBIE QUESTIONS WELCOME]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 31, 2013, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Welcome to The Wing-let - a lounge to discuss any topics.

This is a place for newbie questions, any topics semi-related to Cathay Pacific, where everyone is welcome to ask and discuss.

No question is too stupid, nothing is taken for granted, and anything about Cathay Pacific you were afraid to ask elsewhere, or weren't sure where to ask, you can ask here. Feel free to post here without fear of retribution for not using search.

As with the rest of FlyerTalk, discussions here should be constructive, courteous without aggression or personal attacks.

If anyone feels a good topic is posted here that should be broken out into a separate thread, please use the red triangle to report the post, and it will be considered for its own thread.
Print Wikipost

The Wing-let - a lounge for any questions and discussions [NEWBIE QUESTIONS WELCOME]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2013, 7:34 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob

Welcome to The Wing-let - a lounge to discuss any topics.

This is a place for newbie questions, any topics semi-related to Cathay Pacific, where everyone is welcome to ask and discuss.

No question is too stupid, nothing is taken for granted, and anything about Cathay Pacific you were afraid to ask elsewhere, or weren't sure where to ask, you can ask here. Feel free to post here without fear of retribution for not using search.

If anyone feels a good topic is posted here that should be broken out into a separate thread, please use the red triangle to report the post, and it will be considered for its own thread.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 7:45 pm
Suspended

Finally ^^^^^

What about the name "Cathay Cafe"? or "Cathay Chatter"
Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:10 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA,UA,DL,BA,HH,*W,BW
Release of unsold premium seats.

I have Google searched this question: When does Cathay release unsold premium cabin space to be used as award travel. Answers I have received are about 7 days to as little as 24 hours before flight time. Has anyone been doing last minute searching for First and how did that searching work out for you? I have been searching CX for seats but obviously the last 2 seats on 77W/77H are going to be held for possible sale. Although AA shows, on our choice of flight, 4 seats for sale. BA shows no award seats. Should I keep trying? Or should I wait until that last week prior to departure?
Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:21 pm
Suspended

Whoot! Less than an hour and this thread has become useful already.

Originally Posted by not2017
I have Google searched this question: When does Cathay release unsold premium cabin space to be used as award travel. Answers I have received are about 7 days to as little as 24 hours before flight time.
There is no definite answer. The result you found is correct - it does vary greatly, could be up to a week prior, or even 24 hours before departure.

If you advise what's your desire flight + date , or look up inventory loading on KVS, etc.. you might have a better knowledge to what your chances are.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:34 am

Hi, I will flying in J in Qatar Air (which just joined One World) in the coming March, I seen from Qatar web:
" oneworld lounge access for First Class or Business Class customers

Indulge yourself before departure in a wider range of airport lounges when you fly First Class or Business Class with any oneworld member airline.

Customers flying First or Business Class have access to the equivalent class of lounge regardless of their frequent flyer status. First Class passengers may use a Business Class or frequent flyer lounge if a First Class lounge is not available."

Is it mean that I have the option to use the CX lounge at the airport, instead of the lounge used by Qatar? I am flying out from HKG to BCN.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:48 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Stnf
Is it mean that I have the option to use the CX lounge at the airport, instead of the lounge used by Qatar? I am flying out from HKG to BCN.
Correct.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by sxc
Correct.
Thanks sxc. Do you think I need to get a CX lounge pass from Qatar counter during check-in (which I doubt they will have) or just need to show my boarding pass at CX lounge for admittance?
Old Nov 1, 2013, 1:14 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Thanks sxc. Do you think I need to get a CX lounge pass from Qatar counter during check-in (which I doubt they will have) or just need to show my boarding pass at CX lounge for admittance?
Just the boarding pass. Qatar won't issue a lounge invite that has the Cathay lounges printed on it.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by sxc
Just the boarding pass. Qatar won't issue a lounge invite that has the Cathay lounges printed on it.
Thanks again^
Old Nov 1, 2013, 8:18 am

Can anyone point me to a link showing the abbreviation used in FT. I remember seeing one but can't dig it out again.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 9:03 am

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
Can anyone point me to a link showing the abbreviation used in FT. I remember seeing one but can't dig it out again.
Might this be it? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/glossary.php

If that doesn't have what you're looking for, feel free to ask about specific ones here.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by CrazyJ82
Might this be it? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/glossary.php

If that doesn't have what you're looking for, feel free to ask about specific ones here.
Yes this is the one. Thanks.

But when I choose "Forum" section, I cannot locate the "glossary" heading
Old Nov 1, 2013, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by sxc
Would the lounge access be limited to OW elites or are Qatar airways J/F pax also eligible to access other OW lounges?
Old Nov 1, 2013, 9:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jona970318
Would the lounge access be limited to OW elites or are Qatar airways J/F pax also eligible to access other OW lounges?
Hopefully J/F pax are directed back to the PP lounge. As if the CX lounges aren't crowded enough.
But I think OW's rules allow you to access it even if you're J/F pax without status.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
That's weird, flew from HKG Nov. 6 (CX 1:10 flight to LHR). At check-in the agent told me that I have to change my FFP at the lounge in order for him to print the lounge invitation.

He said that I can't just wave my card into the lounge, I need an invitation to get to the Wing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.