Go Back   > > >

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 5, 12, 9:56 pm   #16
kesler.go
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: MNL
Programs: CX MPO DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt GP Plat, Accor Silver
Posts: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi11 View Post
I found my Rimowa broken at LHR..
Got a brand new one a week later!


Congratulations....no word from CX yet, although that's a bit expected since we were on a long holiday last weekend. So I guess I'll try calling them on Friday or next week.
FlyPointyEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 12, 6:42 pm   #17
  
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ZOA, SFO, HKG
Programs: UA Premier 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, AMEX Platinum, TSA PreCheck
Posts: 6,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by kesler.go View Post
Congratulations....no word from CX yet, although that's a bit expected since we were on a long holiday last weekend. So I guess I'll try calling them on Friday or next week.
It takes time. But keep following up will help.
garykung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 12, 6:58 pm   #18
kesler.go
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: MNL
Programs: CX MPO DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt GP Plat, Accor Silver
Posts: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by garykung View Post
It takes time. But keep following up will help.
I know some of you don't like CX that much, and don't think status means anything other than a shinny card on your bag. Anyway I did notice the change in the tone of the representative when he saw on the records that I was a GO and I was on F (ex MNL).
FlyPointyEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 12, 3:26 am   #19
  
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ZOA, SFO, HKG
Programs: UA Premier 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, AMEX Platinum, TSA PreCheck
Posts: 6,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by kesler.go View Post
I know some of you don't like CX that much, and don't think status means anything other than a shinny card on your bag. Anyway I did notice the change in the tone of the representative when he saw on the records that I was a GO and I was on F (ex MNL).
Status definitely helps.

In all cases (not just CX), baggage claims take your energy away. Keep following up is your best friend.
garykung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 12, 11:14 pm   #20
kesler.go
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: MNL
Programs: CX MPO DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt GP Plat, Accor Silver
Posts: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by garykung View Post
Status definitely helps.

In all cases (not just CX), baggage claims take your energy away. Keep following up is your best friend.
I sent an email this morning, CX Manila replied that they have forwarded to PVG for resolution. Not sure if its a good sign.
FlyPointyEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 12, 11:25 pm   #21
  
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ZOA, SFO, HKG
Programs: UA Premier 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, AMEX Platinum, TSA PreCheck
Posts: 6,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by kesler.go View Post
I sent an email this morning, CX Manila replied that they have forwarded to PVG for resolution. Not sure if its a good sign.
I assume you are MNL-based.

Unless you are still in PVG, I don't see why it has to be forwarded to PVG (as compensation or replacement will be sent to your home).

Something does not seem right...but at least, they respond.
garykung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 12, 8:19 pm   #22
kesler.go
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: MNL
Programs: CX MPO DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt GP Plat, Accor Silver
Posts: 907
Been almost one month, followed up via email this morning and the guys here in Manila told me it is still "under assessment".
FlyPointyEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 12, 9:50 pm   #23
kesler.go
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: MNL
Programs: CX MPO DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt GP Plat, Accor Silver
Posts: 907
after almost 2 months...I got an email from CX yesterday saying it's been routed to HKG. I don't really know whats going on.
FlyPointyEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 12, 12:35 am   #24
  
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ZOA, SFO, HKG
Programs: UA Premier 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, AMEX Platinum, TSA PreCheck
Posts: 6,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by kesler.go View Post
after almost 2 months...I got an email from CX yesterday saying it's been routed to HKG. I don't really know whats going on.
Look at my point #4 and #5.

How good is CX with baggage damage compensation

They are indeed my personal experience. What you can really do now is keep following up (and if you are a big spender on CX/KA, showing off a little your status may help).
garykung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 12, 3:32 am   #25
kesler.go
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: MNL
Programs: CX MPO DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt GP Plat, Accor Silver
Posts: 907
Just got a call from CX here, they told me that after assessment they are only willing to pay $560 (bag value at $700). It's a 4 year old Rimowa so I guess it's only fair. Plus I think I got it cheaper too.
FlyPointyEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 12, 1:14 pm   #26
  
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ZOA, SFO, HKG
Programs: UA Premier 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, AMEX Platinum, TSA PreCheck
Posts: 6,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by kesler.go View Post
Just got a call from CX here, they told me that after assessment they are only willing to pay $560 (bag value at $700). It's a 4 year old Rimowa so I guess it's only fair. Plus I think I got it cheaper too.
Still - keep following up.

You never know when they will cut you the cheque...
garykung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 12, 5:31 am   #27
Suspended
  
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Here there and everywhere
Programs: Too many to list
Posts: 1,648
A pal of mine had his luggage delayed 9 days and when he got it, the carton was open and a lot of stuff missing. The only way he actually got it in 9 days and not 9 weeks is because he went on their facebook page and openly begged the question about why he spends so much money in a year to be treated like dirt. It just happens this guy has a big following on FB and also brings CX some serious business due to his work.

Within 24 hrs CX twigged what was going on and he got his luggage and a follow up visit to his office by some pretty senior people.

10 days later ha had a cheque in his hand for $2500 US to cover the stress he endured and the his huge phone bill he racked up.

The power of social media can work.

He has since told me that on all his last 8 long haul flights 7 times he has been in F and often has senior people waiting to greet him off the plane and at Milan he was whisked through the VIP channels.
mayodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 12, 2:15 am   #28
Suspended
  
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi11 View Post
I found my Rimowa broken at LHR..
Got a brand new one a week later!
Did CX compensate you through a cheque? Or an actual replacement?
CanucksHKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 12, 2:16 am   #29
Suspended
  
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayodave View Post
He has since told me that on all his last 8 long haul flights 7 times he has been in F and often has senior people waiting to greet him off the plane and at Milan he was whisked through the VIP channels.
What class was he booked in? What's his/his company annual revenue with CX?
CanucksHKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 12, 4:34 pm   #30
kesler.go
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: MNL
Programs: CX MPO DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt GP Plat, Accor Silver
Posts: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksHKG View Post
Did CX compensate you through a cheque? Or an actual replacement?
CX Manila was nice enough to deposit the check to my account yesterday. They would have done it last Thursday but I forgot to attach a copy of an ID to the release form. Went to Rimowa yesterday and got a new one.
FlyPointyEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:11 am.

Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top