Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

SIN-HKG equipment lottery [Regional Equipment Swaps]

SIN-HKG equipment lottery [Regional Equipment Swaps]

Old Sep 8, 2012, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by SQPPS
Yes happened to me a few times on paid tickets. Refund the fare difference between F and J and then a goodwill credit of up to 400 SGD in cash. They rather have you do that instead of flying SQ where they have to pay nearly double for a ticket in F or Suites.
Happened on an award ticket to BKK.
On a paid ticket I asked for required Asia Miles to upgrade + 15K and I got it.
Cash is useless if I have to remit it to my employer
Old Sep 8, 2012, 7:27 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
The lottery is why I avoid flying CX on HKG-SIN routes! I fly SQ 95% of the time on this route and that alone is enough for me to retain SQ solitaire card. So CX is losing out here because of their constant change of aircrafts. Also, SQ regional seats are far better than CX now!
Old Sep 8, 2012, 7:40 pm

I will be on one of the CX690 flights next week back to HK. Hope they don't change equipment at last minute.

I also noticed the plane has Y+ seats but they don't sell them. From my last experience in a similar situation, after boarding, I probably will be invited to take one of the Y+ seats, meaning no touch screen video to play with.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 9:51 pm

Let us know whether you got equipment change.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Smile

Originally Posted by Flyer888
I will be on one of the CX690 flights next week back to HK. Hope they don't change equipment at last minute.

I also noticed the plane has Y+ seats but they don't sell them. From my last experience in a similar situation, after boarding, I probably will be invited to take one of the Y+ seats, meaning no touch screen video to play with.
I took the redeye this morning and no equip change.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
I took the redeye this morning and no equip change.
Is it a 744 with flat seat in J?
Old Sep 9, 2012, 6:48 am

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
What I don't understand is why CX is allowed to treat people with paid tickets are AM tickets differently.

I see lots of reports from people who have AM redemptions who are given HKD500-1000 cash compensation for downgrade from F to regional J, which is a complete joke.

Why should paying passengers get more, when as far as the airline is concerned the tickets are both paid for, just using different currency.

If CX ever did this and tried to fob me off with HKD500-1000 cash I would be raising a hellstorm at the airport.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 11:25 am

In my opinion, a unrestricted coupon for upgrade on next flight would be fair.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 6:12 am

I won today - for the first time on a 77W Y. And the touch screen was great!
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:36 pm

Planning to fly HKG-SIN-HKG in december/january using BA Avios. I want to try F one direction and J the other. I don't care about what kind of J it is, but I would be really disappointed if I reserved F and then got bumped to J due to equipment change. Any ideas how to minimize the possibility? I'm fully flexible on the time and weekday, if those matter.

BAEC will surely give me my Avios back (well, at least the difference F-J) in case of downgrade, I have no doubt about that, but I would still love to try CX F for the first time.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 1:18 pm

If you want to experience the CX F you need to fly the long haul flight
Old Sep 15, 2012, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
If you want to experience the CX F you need to fly the long haul flight
What do you mean? (Except for the obvious) is there something different in F for HKG-SIN and LH?
Old Sep 15, 2012, 7:37 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by tentativetraveller
What do you mean? (Except for the obvious) is there something different in F for HKG-SIN and LH?
....HKG-SIN is a 3 hour flight. There is a significant service difference for CX F on short flights like SIN and long-haul ones including F&B, no pajamas, etc. Common sense would dictate this somewhat
Old Sep 16, 2012, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
Is it a 744 with flat seat in J?
Yes it was.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:45 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
How about the ICN route? Do they change equipment last minute too? Trying to decide if I should fly CX?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.