New economy on 77W

Old Jul 10, 2012, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

New economy on 77W

Hello,

Just wondering which routes are served by 77W that with new economy?

Thank you.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Please look at the most recent posts in:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...cirrus-43.html

New Y seats are installed on 77G, 77H, 33G.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 2:05 am

Programs: CX GO, Miles&Smiles Elite, Accor Plus Diamond
I tried the new Y and PEY seat today. PEY is a lot better than Y for sure, especially if you can secure the front row seats. Even the new Y seat is a big improvement from the clam shell. Will have better idea when I really travel in those seats in the future.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 5:28 am

New EY 77W(H?) experience

Did HKG-LHR on 254 the other day. Seat 40H at the front of economy, aisle, by the angled entry into new PE.

Not bad. Was dreading it but the recline was reasonable; no aching from a compressed lower spine as in the old hardshell slide cusion seats. Bit narrow and fixed armrests as usual in a front row; decent small screen on arm at left while J and K have small screens fixed on the bulkhead. Rather distracting position. Improved VOD.

Plenty of legroom in that row. Could put my bag in front of me once in the cruise and put feet up.

I slept about 8+ hours which is a good sign too. Bettered only in economy by 4 across, really.

So I'd say that if you are paying for yourself and can't get your miles upgrade, the new economy seats in the new and retrofitted 777s are an ok way to go.

BTW, crew were, as usual, v nice to me as a DM. Happy to let me ignore food service and other bothersome intrusions.

Hope this is helpful.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.