Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Premium economy and reclining during the meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2012, 6:02 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob

Has anyone had any experience with wanting to sleep during the meal service in Premium Economy? I often just want to go straight to sleep and I'm wondering if I'll have a problem with the flight attendants wanting me to put the seats up during the meal service like in normal economy.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: QF WP
Not sure how that will work, although last time when I was in Y, the crew decided not to wake up a sleeping pax, forcing the pax behind to eat with the tray in his face...
Old Jul 5, 2012, 9:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I think that this would depend on the pitch between the seats when the seat in front is reclined. I recently travelled on BA in their new Premium Economy product and found that it wasn't a problem to eat when the person in front had reclined.

I've only glanced at Cathay's PE product, so I can't tell if this would be the case or not. Best approach would be just to recline and see what impact it has and be prepared to have to sit upright during the meal service.

Good on you for being so thoughtful though, many people wouldn't think about how they might be inconveniencing others ^
Old Jul 6, 2012, 12:44 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by matthandy
Good on you for being so thoughtful though, many people wouldn't think about how they might be inconveniencing others ^
Thanks...although maybe my first thought was about how the flight attendants would be inconveniencing me ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.