Conduct unbecoming a F pax

Old Jun 24, 2012, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Conduct unbecoming a F pax

I just flew CX F HKG-YVR (my very first time in CX F and with my new infant son too ) and about 2hrs before landing, the pax in 2K came right in front of my seat shouting loudly in the F cabin "you're disgusting, absolutely disgusting. I was in the queue for the toilet.".

I had to admit I was initially shocked and made to feel as if I didn't flush the toilet or something. Somehow, the cabin crew came to apologise to me. Whatever for, I wondered..

I went to his seat and he shouted ."apologise to me or get back to your seat". I was surprisingly calm and explained to him when I approached the toilet from the portside aisle, I saw the portside left toilet taken. The cabin director who had her back to the cockpit, had motioned me to the port side right toilet. Basically I had a clear line of sight to the crew. Pax 2K would have to be coming from the right..

While I was attempting to stand my ground, the cabin crew came to my side. The chap finally apologised to me and shook my hand. Case close I thought..

Just before landing, the cabin director thanked everyone for flying with them but also stated the pax is now blaming her. .Gosh, there's no pleasing some people! .I asked if she wanted me to help support her case and she said she would write a report. I did pass her my business card in case the rude pax decided to complain to CX..

Despite that loud and rude d-1-c-k head, I had an excellent CX F experience in service and product. Was really impressed and maybe I have to change my moniker to cxfan or something.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 6:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: QFF SG, VA SL, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
oh dear not a nice end to an F flight - they must have run out of his choice of dessert....tosser
Old Jun 24, 2012, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Um, what?
Old Jun 24, 2012, 7:33 pm

Programs: EK Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Obviously even an infant is not too young to understand the sacred nature of the queue.

Wait a minute--- do you mean those seats they block for people with infants are actually used by people traveling with infants??
Old Jun 24, 2012, 8:40 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Absolutely disgusting behaviour. Even if you did "jump" the queue, there are 2 toilets for 9 pax....would it really hurt to have to wait a few minutes? I wonder if free flowing Krug had anything to do with this.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 8:43 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
If there's nobody standing near the toilet door, there's no queue.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by midlevels
If there's nobody standing near the toilet door, there's no queue.
I agree. If you 'in line' you have to be at least standing up and near the lav. Not sure if 2K was still sitting or what. Either way, no reason to yell and complain.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 9:37 pm

Programs: CX GO by flying, ex-QF PS, AMEX Platinum, CA & KrisFlyer Nobody
Originally Posted by SQFAN
I just flew CX F HKG-YVR (my very first time in CX F and with my new infant son too ) and about 2hrs before landing, the pax in 2K came right in front of my seat shouting loudly in the F cabin "you're disgusting, absolutely disgusting. I was in the queue for the toilet.".

I had to admit I was initially shocked and made to feel as if I didn't flush the toilet or something. Somehow, the cabin crew came to apologise to me. Whatever for, I wondered..

I went to his seat and he shouted ."apologise to me or get back to your seat". I was surprisingly calm and explained to him when I approached the toilet from the portside aisle, I saw the portside left toilet taken. The cabin director who had her back to the cockpit, had motioned me to the port side right toilet. Basically I had a clear line of sight to the crew. Pax 2K would have to be coming from the right..

While I was attempting to stand my ground, the cabin crew came to my side. The chap finally apologised to me and shook my hand. Case close I thought..

Just before landing, the cabin director thanked everyone for flying with them but also stated the pax is now blaming her. .Gosh, there's no pleasing some people! .I asked if she wanted me to help support her case and she said she would write a report. I did pass her my business card in case the rude pax decided to complain to CX..

Despite that loud and rude d-1-c-k head, I had an excellent CX F experience in service and product. Was really impressed and maybe I have to change my moniker to cxfan or something.
Well done OP! I guess I would end up with F words if this comes up to me.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yohy?!
oh dear not a nice end to an F flight - they must have run out of his choice of dessert....tosser
According to my wife, the crew told her that the pax was not able to sleep a wink in the entire 12 hr flight. It happened just before brunch service. Maybe that was why he was so grouchy. .... Or perhaps he kept getting queue jumped in Hong Kong?

Originally Posted by will2288
I agree. If you 'in line' you have to be at least standing up and near the lav. Not sure if 2K was still sitting or what. Either way, no reason to yell and complain.
Very true. He was nowhere near the lavatory. He claimed he was in the queue. Absolute bollocks as I had the clear line of sight to the beckoning cabin crew. He would have been perpendicular to my direction of travel in the galley adjoining path. I, believe in queuing.

He could have managed the situation by having a quiet word with me and I would have 'corrected' his grandiose perception.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:42 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
According to my wife, the crew told her that the pax was not able to sleep a wink in the entire 12 hr flight. It happened just before brunch service. Maybe that was why he was so grouchy. .... Or perhaps he kept getting queue jumped in Hong Kong?

Very true. He was nowhere near the lavatory. He claimed he was in the queue. Absolute bollocks as I had the clear line of sight to the beckoning cabin crew. He would have been perpendicular to my direction of travel in the galley adjoining path. I, believe in queuing.

He could have managed the situation by having a quiet word with me and I would have 'corrected' his grandiose perception.
Honestly there is no "situation" to be managed. However, was your infant crying throughout the night? Maybe this could have contributed to his anger directed at you?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:46 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kamiao
So would I, or I'll just have a lengthy discussion with him until he gets REALLY annoyed. then at that time it might just be his last flight on CX.

Then again, i do believe that time can mellow many personalities.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sxc
Honestly there is no "situation" to be managed. However, was your infant crying throughout the night? Maybe this could have contributed to his anger directed at you?
Fair question. Nope, not a squeak. He only demands when he's hungry but otherwise we are quite amazed he travels really well. I know he's my son but I'm being objective here. I was only single and without a child in the recent past. I would have been annoyed but appreciate the 'other' side of the equation. Therefore, I make sure others don't get disturbed.

The pax in the middle row (nearer to us) didn't hear a thing and rolled his eyes when he heard the commotion and the eventual chat. Wife was talking to him after incident.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:30 am

Programs: NZ, QF
The behaviour was hideous no matter which class he was traveling.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 2:29 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
According to my wife, the crew told her that the pax was not able to sleep a wink in the entire 12 hr flight. It happened just before brunch service. Maybe that was why he was so grouchy. .... .
Not able to sleep a wink after all the food and bubbly they ply you with?

Either the quality's gone to bits, but you had no issue with the F&B right?

2K sounds like a massive hypertensive to start off with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunnel_vision

Medical / biological causes

Tunnel vision can be caused by:

-...Alcohol consumption causes tunnel vision.[2] In addition, the vision becomes blurred or double since eye muscles lose their precision causing them to be unable to focus on the same object.

-...Altitude sickness, hypoxia in passenger aircraft[4]

-...Prolonged exposure to air contaminated with heated hydraulic fluids and oils, as can sometimes happen in passenger aircraft.[6]

I would've suggested he take a cruise liner next time.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kamiao
I have been repeatedly warned by my wife not to swear in front of my son.

Originally Posted by kaka
So would I, or I'll just have a lengthy discussion with him until he gets REALLY annoyed. then at that time it might just be his last flight on CX.

Then again, i do believe that time can mellow many personalities.
That's a good tactic of annoying him. Basically, I just say case close to him once he apologised. Could I have been more assertive? In this situation, the worst thing that could happen is that I may be punched, I think. . If this happened elsewhere, I may not have confronted the chap. Live to fight another day since I now have dependents.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.