Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

First row (39) vs exit row (59) on 77W

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2012, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Flying HKG-JFK in Y on the new 77W for the first time and I wanted to ask how comfortable is row 39 compared to the other rows and whether I should stick to my exit row seat in row 59. The reasoning is that I am a non-US citizen and the JFK immigration lines get horrendously long, and before when row 31 used to be both exit row AND first Y row this was not an issue, but now it is seemingly comfort during the flight vs waiting in line...

Anyone with similar experiences can help me out?
Old Jun 27, 2012, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by CX HK
Flying HKG-JFK in Y on the new 77W for the first time and I wanted to ask how comfortable is row 39 compared to the other rows and whether I should stick to my exit row seat in row 59. The reasoning is that I am a non-US citizen and the JFK immigration lines get horrendously long, and before when row 31 used to be both exit row AND first Y row this was not an issue, but now it is seemingly comfort during the flight vs waiting in line...

Anyone with similar experiences can help me out?
Unless you have tremendously long legs, I would say CX Y seats are fine. I personally only wanted to sit in exit row to guarantee myself to be one of the first Y pax to get off the plane and on the immigration line ASAP. (However, with Global Entry now, this seems to be a distance memory of suffering in line...)

Anyway, I would say, the line can get horrendous if you aren't sitting up front, especially if you happened to bumped into BA flight...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.