Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Each cathay office representative have different answer for CC verification !? help !

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Each cathay office representative have different answer for CC verification !? help !

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:10 am
Original Poster

I have a booking from SGN to LAX via Hong Kong! Purchased it since May 2012 with my sis CC with "verify by visa" service which means I will not be required to present the physical card at check in or either Cathay offices. I double checked with Hong Kong e-service center and was advised not to worry about card verification as it was auto verified via verify by visa service during booking process. However, I did my double check today 13th July (2 months after I purchased my booking which means Cathay supposed to receive full payment without any claims from credit cardholder) with Ho Chi Minh, Viet Nam Cathay office and advised to go for verifying CC at any nearest Cathay office. Thus, I called to Cathay Singapore Office (as my sister is currently in Singapore with her CC) for assistance and , once again, received an answer for not to worry as no further verification requires and they surely confirmed it !? So far Hong Kong (main office and main e-service center) and Cathay Singapore said no further CC verification but Cathay HCM, Viet Nam (where I will depart on the following week) said yes for the need of card verification !!! Confused
Any help ! Any thought ! Any met this manner b4 !
Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:01 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
In Manila, once I use "verify by visa" they don't ask for the CC when I check in.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Platinum Elite, Accor Platinum, AC SE, MPC SL
The same with CGK, HKG and YYZ checkpoints. You should be good.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Welcome to FT, OP.

If the credit card holder is not the traveling passenger, or he or she is not available at check-in, a manual credit card verification is required by CX ticketing office to confirm the reservation.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 8:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by garykung
Welcome to FT, OP.

If the credit card holder is not the traveling passenger, or he or she is not available at check-in, a manual credit card verification is required by CX ticketing office to confirm the reservation.
HOWEVER if verified by visa or mastercode or whatever the MC equiv is used, you dont need to verify.
Speaking from someone who helps his sister buying tix twice a year.
As for amex, you always need to verify
Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:06 pm

Programs: CX GO by flying, ex-QF PS, AMEX Platinum, CA & KrisFlyer Nobody
Originally Posted by kaka
HOWEVER if verified by visa or mastercode or whatever the MC equiv is used, you dont need to verify.
I only use Amex for my CX/KA tickets and have been doing so for the past 7 years.

My Amex card was only get verified once at KHH with a KA agent.

Once in seven years - I wouldn't say it's an "always" - it depends on the Agent as well I guess.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by kaka
If you are the cardholder, you are correct.

But OP is not the cardholder and the cardholder will not be the airport, how about that?
Old Jul 14, 2012, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
If you are the cardholder, you are correct.

But OP is not the cardholder and the cardholder will not be the airport, how about that?
If its already verified by Visa/MC, the cardholder need not be present. That's the whole point !

To kyle.tran - call CX in Singapore or HK again, and ask to speak to a Supervisor. Ask that agent to document a remark on the reservation to the airport check in staff that they do NOT need to sight the cc as the payment went through Verified by Visa / Secruecode mastercard or whatever. Get name of Supervisor.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
If its already verified by Visa/MC, the cardholder need not be present. That's the whole point !
ya! that is what should supposes to be. Even on the front page of my Itinerary, "the important notes" , has clearly stated that :" If your Electronic Ticket was purchased by telephone from a Cathay Pacific office or from cathaypacific.com using Visa's Verified by Visa or Mastercard;s Master Secure you will NOT be asked to show the credit card used to pay for your ticket at check-in on departure " . Furthermore, Cathay Hong Kong and Cathay Singapore (where my sis is currently there) both said no need to do any CC verification ! However, the point is Cathay Pacific Ho Chi Minh city, Viet Nam asked me to verify CC and on my ticket, at the form of identity section , mentioned about credit card information (not mention about picture identification - like visa or passport). What's the point for getting CC verified in Singapore as Cathay Viet Nam office advised while Cathay Singapore already said no need to do so ! Mlao, Cathay paper work is so annoying, especially Cathay Viet Nam as what they said go against others. Cathay Viet Nam even told me not to care and not to listen to Cathay Hong Kong (whereas cathay Hong Kong is the headquarter). eservice call center suck ,btw, could not contact them now even though I tried many time

Last edited by kyle.tran; Jul 14, 2012 at 9:09 am
Old Jul 14, 2012, 2:22 am
Original Poster

To kyle.tran - call CX in Singapore or HK again, and ask to speak to a Supervisor. Ask that agent to document a remark on the reservation to the airport check in staff that they do NOT need to sight the cc as the payment went through Verified by Visa / Secruecode mastercard or whatever. Get name of Supervisor.
Thanks ! ya, once I am able to contact them, sure I will force them to give me a remark and seek for his/her name for references trying now, omg 24/7 call center but can not call emailed them ald
Old Jul 14, 2012, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Hi guys! a reply from Cathay e-service via email confirmed that my booking really dont have to verify CC niceeeeeee ! So for anyone have the service of "Verify by visa" or "Mastercard secure" , you can 100% not to worry about verify your CC at check in counter or Cathay offices (even though cardholder is the travel passenger, travel together with others in the same booking or even not travel , not in the booking , not be at the check in counter and not have the card available for verification bla bla like my case ) ! cheers !
Thanks for all of your supports
P.S. any problems can be asked through [email protected] - call centers hardly reach and I received a response via the above email that took about 24 hrs !

Last edited by kyle.tran; Jul 14, 2012 at 9:12 am
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kesler.go
In Manila, once I use "verify by visa" they don't ask for the CC when I check in.
thanks

Originally Posted by JCFans
The same with CGK, HKG and YYZ checkpoints. You should be good.
thanks
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My concern is if it is not a hassle to do something like this, I will still do it.

Remember - GA can name a lot of excuses not to let you board the flight.

What's the harm anyway? To me, I will rather make sure that I can take the flight.

This is the exact reason why I will do an extra step (although in this case, it does not involve with CX):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/budge...ht-friend.html
Old Jul 15, 2012, 1:16 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
My concern is if it is not a hassle to do something like this, I will still do it.

Remember - GA can name a lot of excuses not to let you board the flight.

What's the harm anyway? To me, I will rather make sure that I can take the flight.

This is the exact reason why I will do an extra step (although in this case, it does not involve with CX):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/budge...ht-friend.html
As OP is boarding in Vietnam and the Vietnam office differs in opinion, I agree with you that it is better to be safe and get the cc verified.

Guy Betsy did suggest OP to ask CX to annotate. If not convenient to show the cc in person, that would be an alternate approach.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:59 pm

I'm having the same problem at the moment.
I'm flying with CX from Amsterdam to Sydney

Before booking the tickets for myself and my kids, i called cathay amsterdam if my Fiancé could book the tickets with his CC. They advised me to call after booking the tickets if there was a PCC Check on the tickets. I did and the guy told me there wasnt and i could travel without the CC.

Looking at our tickets a few days ago and it said "Form of identity: CC. CA. XXX"
From memory the past few years i have been flying to syd it said "Form of Identity: None.

Thats why i called the eservice in Hong Kong because it made me wonder why it was there.

Cathay Hong Kong tells me they do want to see the credit card and told me that my fiance needs to go to the cathay office in sydney with the credit card. (glad i double checked).

My fiance in sydney payed for the tickets with Mastercard SecureCode. It isnt a hassle for him to go there, but what if i didnt check again...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.