Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie MPC member here. Pls help.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2011, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Newbie MPC member here. Pls help.

Im always travelling with wife. Do I need to get her her own MPC membership? She has her own Asiamiles account tho. Can she go with me in the MPC members boarding line even tho she's not a MPC member? We only travel 2-3 times a year (100% cathay) and just want to get the MPC membership so we could board earlier than the others.

Responses are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 5, 2011, 8:07 am

Whenever I travel with family, friends or even colleagues who have no MPC I always take them with me to the priority line and let the agent know we travel together.

Whenever travelling with more people we first let the priority line clear in order not to upset other frequent travellers too much as it I can imagine it is quite annoying to see the Green card holders line up in front of you when you`re on a paid for F ticket.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 8:19 am

Programs: CX, AC, Starwood
Originally Posted by Mrtnw
it is quite annoying to see the Green card holders line up in front of you when you`re on a paid for F ticket.
How can you tell they are Green Card holders unless they are flashing them around like a kid high on sugar? They regularly direct non card holders to check in via the Business Class counter if the que is empty. Sometimes even at the F window.. imagine.

And oh, OP... I wouldn't bother with the MC for your wife... as long as you have an account there should be no problem.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies guys.

So to sum it all up, its ok if between my wife and I, Im the only one with the MPC card. I can take her with me in the priority line even if my MPC is only green?

Thanks again in advance!
Old Mar 5, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Whenever travelling with more people we first let the priority line clear in order not to upset other frequent travellers too much as it I can imagine it is quite annoying to see the Green card holders line up in front of you when you`re on a paid for F ticket.
F passengers (non-op-up case) and J DM passengers (non-op-up case) are sometimes pulled to the front of line when boarding.

Originally Posted by goozey
How can you tell they are Green Card holders unless they are flashing them around like a kid high on sugar? They regularly direct non card holders to check in via the Business Class counter if the que is empty. Sometimes even at the F window.. imagine.
OP was talking about boarding. I suppose that is what Mrtnw is referring to.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by vicmon

So to sum it all up, its ok if between my wife and I, Im the only one with the MPC card. I can take her with me in the priority line even if my MPC is only green?

Thanks again in advance!
Yes you can.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 9:27 am
Original Poster

thanks cxfan, all clear now
Old Mar 5, 2011, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by goozey
How can you tell they are Green Card holders unless they are flashing them around like a kid high on sugar?
It seems to me that indeed the green card holders are flashing their cards while waiting in line. They perhaps don't realize the information is also recorded on their BP.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 2:44 pm

Programs: MP Diamond, UA Million, Kris Gold, Phil Airlines Prem Elite
Yes, the info about your MPC status is on the BP.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Wolfgangbird
Yes, the info about your MPC status is on the BP.
Unless there is a change of status from the time of booking, and the passenger has not updated.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 8:49 pm

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold

Thanks again in advance!
As long as the number of companions of a Green cardholder for priority boarding & priority check-in is minimal (1-3 instead of a huge group), it should be ok.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 9:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
It seems to me that indeed the green card holders are flashing their cards while waiting in line. They perhaps don't realize the information is also recorded on their BP.
I pulL it out all time when I am in PVG as sometime the ground staff simply don't read

In HKG always non issue

I got a time that when in sanya where there's no air bridge they refuse me to use the priority bus. Not a big deal but annoying.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 1:14 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Im always travelling with wife. Do I need to get her her own MPC membership? She has her own Asiamiles account tho. Can she go with me in the MPC members boarding line even tho she's not a MPC member? We only travel 2-3 times a year (100% cathay) and just want to get the MPC membership so we could board earlier than the others.

Responses are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Is priority boarding that big a deal? This isn't AA Tincan regional airlines where overhead space is such a big concern.

Only reason I want to board early is if I feel like squating on someone else's three-seater before someone else does.

I like MPC priority check-in but that's is occasionally a non-benefit http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...-800-a.html#15
Old Mar 8, 2011, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by percysmith
Is priority boarding that big a deal? This isn't AA Tincan regional airlines where overhead space is such a big concern.

Only reason I want to board early is if I feel like squating on someone else's three-seater before someone else does.

I like MPC priority check-in but that's is occasionally a non-benefit http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...-800-a.html#15
in some segments ya ... HKG - MNL has always been a real pain especially when we just arrived from a long haul and on our next connecting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.