Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Planned Routes with new 777-300ER/A333 Business Class Product (aka Cirrus)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Planned Routes with new 777-300ER/A333 Business Class Product (aka Cirrus)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2011, 7:46 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Wow, they flew to JFK already? Hopefully I can "bump" into this flight in my May JFK-HKG-JFK travels. Guess no chance that flight might be use for HKG-LAX towards the end of April?
CB - yes, as posted earlier. Schedule will run as indicated M, W, F, until May 1 when KPT will also enter service on the JFK route increasing frequency as indicated in this post. KPT has already completed it's first test flight and is now in Portland for it's paint job.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 6:34 am

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
Interesting to see that according to this site:

http://data.flight24.com/airplanes/b-kps/

B-KPS is flying as CX828 Hong Kong - Toronto today!! Funny that they didnt put it to a JFK departure for today.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by CX828

B-KPS is flying as CX828 Hong Kong - Toronto today!! Funny that they didnt put it to a JFK departure for today.
Share the excitement!
Old Apr 11, 2011, 7:33 am

Wow, the 77D actually did CX906/907. Who said that CX won't put the new Cirrus seats on Manila runs?
Old Apr 11, 2011, 9:36 am

I'm planning to go to MNL around June. Makes me want to fly J rather than F on that run
Old Apr 11, 2011, 1:22 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
what I don't understand is why they are leaving the 330'S untouched and reconfiguring the 33B'S. Given that the 330's operate overnight medium hauls like MAA-HKG, DXB-HKG, BAH-HKG ETC (middle eastern routes where they are competing with some serious competition like EK 380's)...

Honestly - I'd much rather coffin class on an overnight 5-6 hour flight than the regional premium economy they call business...
Old Apr 11, 2011, 1:56 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
It'll be good to refer the 777-300ER as 77W. CX is the only airline to just call it the 773 just like their other regional 773 aircraft and it confuses many people.
Nope! JAL calls 777-300ER as 773 too
Old Apr 11, 2011, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by avm2806
what I don't understand is why they are leaving the 330'S untouched and reconfiguring the 33B'S. Given that the 330's operate overnight medium hauls like MAA-HKG, DXB-HKG, BAH-HKG ETC (middle eastern routes where they are competing with some serious competition like EK 380's)...

Honestly - I'd much rather coffin class on an overnight 5-6 hour flight than the regional premium economy they call business...
Thats true. CX should use the current business class seats to replace older regional seats. flights to Middle East and even India really need to have a better product. It seems they feel they have enough of a monopoly on these routes not to immediately invest. If they were facing competition, I guess they would react quicker.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 2:35 pm

Thats true. CX should use the current business class seats to replace older regional seats. flights to Middle East and even India really need to have a better product. It seems they feel they have enough of a monopoly on these routes not to immediately invest. If they were facing competition, I guess they would react quicker.
Or maybe come up with a new regional product that makes everyone happy
Old Apr 11, 2011, 9:16 pm

Programs: CX DM

Interesting to see it operated as KA 486 as well! Is this true or not??
Old Apr 13, 2011, 11:31 pm

just found out CX888 supposed to get the new J on May 03 was switched back to coffin seats. MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT!
Old Apr 14, 2011, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by Serg_2012
just found out CX888 supposed to get the new J on May 03 was switched back to coffin seats. MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT!
It seems so far, that CX830/CX831 are the flights getting B-KPS the most. It has dones this 3x so far and has yet to do CX888/CX889, however Im sure this will change by May, once official schedule starts. Shame your flight got switched however!

Im sure last minute switches will occur for a while yet, whilst they still ony have a couple of planes.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 3:13 pm

I am taking CX from ORD TO HKG in Dec, and wonder should I upgrade the seat from coach to Business, since this is 16 hours flights and not sure how the coach seat and never with Cathay. Don't know what to expect and avoid.

Any advise, since we also travel with two kids (3 and 5)
How my kids going to deals with the 16hours flight.

Any advises, will be great.

Coco.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by coco11
I am taking CX from ORD TO HKG in Dec, and wonder should I upgrade the seat from coach to Business, since this is 16 hours flights and not sure how the coach seat and never with Cathay. Don't know what to expect and avoid.

Any advise, since we also travel with two kids (3 and 5)
How my kids going to deals with the 16hours flight.

Any advises, will be great.

Coco.
CX Y (Economy) seats are horrible to your back as it lacks lumbar support, and you slide forward but your headrest doesn't so your neck is bended awkwardly as well. If you don't mind paying more, then buying J (Business) is no brainer.

Aside from that, CX Y is excellent. Good service, decent food, and incredibe IFE (inflight entertainment) product that should keep you occupied for the duration of your flight.

So up to you, if you think you have an elastic body that won't mind the discomfort seat, then go for it. Otherwise, might be wise to take out that AMEX card.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by maortega15
Give us details!
I have written about the new seat in the latest update to my ongoing TR.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16220472-post55.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.