Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KVS Tool now searches CX awards!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2010, 5:28 am

Programs: CX MPC Gold
Ya definitely! they are not of the same booking class inside CX. Hope KVS can come up with a way to check upgrade and companion award availability soon!

KVS i know this sounds impossible but it's gonna be HUGE if you can let your members check upgrade availability!

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
Although companion, upgrade and full resemption are of the same booking class to the outside world, they are certainly not inside CX.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 8:28 am

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Yes, no upgrade availability checking for CX is the main reason I have not renewed my KVS membership.

Most of the other stuff I can get already on ExpertFlyer.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:48 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ac8781
Most of the other stuff I can get already on ExpertFlyer.
Seems hardly relevant, when CX award availability continues to be one of the exclusive KVS Tool features .
Old Mar 19, 2010, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by KVS
Seems hardly relevant, when CX award availability continues to be one of the exclusive KVS Tool features .
I joined KVS specifically to access CX award availability, and I'm quite pleased with it (KVS, that is, not CX award availability ).
Old Mar 19, 2010, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I'm currently in the midst of a CX F trip planned with KVS...

YYZ-HKG, CX F
HKG-MNL, CX F

MNL-HKG, CX F
HKG-LHR, CX F

LHR-YYZ, BA F

Thanks for this.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 12:34 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by ac8781
Ya definitely! they are not of the same booking class inside CX. Hope KVS can come up with a way to check upgrade and companion award availability soon!

KVS i know this sounds impossible but it's gonna be HUGE if you can let your members check upgrade availability!
I too will happily pay up if I can check upgrade availability, so I don't have to call the MPO call centre.

All my parents and uncles and aunties who have Asia Miles are not SM and want upgrades, so it's usually lame attempts to call up the MPO call centre to check upgrade availability on my commute to the office (never get through after that and before 11pm). This morning I started my call in the lift of my flat, kept holding whilst I was driving and was kept holding at the first 20 mins of work (speakerphone on and muffled)!
Old Mar 22, 2010, 1:05 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
It wasn't KVS's fault. CX, like many other airlines, likes to have control over its award inventory.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Fare differs from websites than on KVS

when looking up fares, I noticed the fares are way lower on KVS....Are the fares not listing the taxes/total??

Im getting some ridiculous rates to HKG when i look up fares hehhe..
Old Mar 29, 2010, 8:14 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by mrx900
when looking up fares, I noticed the fares are way lower on KVS....Are the fares not listing the taxes/total??

Im getting some ridiculous rates to HKG when i look up fares hehhe..
Pls see http://FAQ.KVSTool.com
Old Jun 13, 2010, 10:21 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, AX Cent so...Delta Plat, SPG Gold, etc..
I am having difficulty searching OW availability on CX. If I use Asia Miles method a JFK-YVR flight will show as available (Booking in F using miles). If I check CX's website it also shows available. However when I call AA they don't have availability. I've run into this many times where the flight can only be booked using CX miles.

I thought that the Quantas OW method would allow KVS to show true OW miles booking availability (such as what I could book with AA miles) however when I use that method KVS doesn't show the flights at all for miles (I checked various dates where AA says there is availability on the CX flight to make sure that KVS should show them, however KVS only shows AA flights (via DFW) for JFK-YVR and won't show the CX flight at all )

Please assist and thanks.

BTW - the KVS tool is awesome (Plat member).
Old Jun 13, 2010, 1:33 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by dfyant
I am having difficulty searching OW availability on CX. If I use Asia Miles method a JFK-YVR flight will show as available (Booking in F using miles). If I check CX's website it also shows available. However when I call AA they don't have availability. I've run into this many times where the flight can only be booked using CX miles.

I thought that the Quantas OW method would allow KVS to show true OW miles booking availability (such as what I could book with AA miles) however when I use that method KVS doesn't show the flights at all for miles (I checked various dates where AA says there is availability on the CX flight to make sure that KVS should show them, however KVS only shows AA flights (via DFW) for JFK-YVR and won't show the CX flight at all )

Please assist and thanks.

BTW - the KVS tool is awesome (Plat member).
Your observations with regard to CX award availability have been previously echoed by other KVS Tool members. While we are not in a position to change the current practices of CX and QF respectively, the suggested methodology would be as follows:
  1. Check [Awards/CX]:
    If no award seats are available, then there is no point in proceeding any further.
  2. Check [Awards/OneWorld]:
    If it also shows that the CX award seats are available, call AA with confidence.
    Otherwise, call AA to confirm availability.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 3:47 pm

Hi and thanks for the reply. The issue here is that KVS doesn't even show that the flight exists for awards when using QF for that sector.

It doesn't seem to recognize CX for that route. Please check and you'll see what I mean.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 4:52 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Hi and thanks for the reply. The issue here is that KVS doesn't even show that the flight exists for awards when using QF for that sector.

It doesn't seem to recognize CX for that route. Please check and you'll see what I mean.
From http://Help.KVSTool.com:
[Amadeus: Awards/OneWorld]
  • Only flights, which have award availability in at least one cabin, are shown.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by KVS
From http://Help.KVSTool.com:
[Amadeus: Awards/OneWorld]
  • Only flights, which have award availability in at least one cabin, are shown.
Hi, yes I know this but if you call QF and AA they both have availability for some dates. the QF method shows no flights ever - never - no matter what date you check even if there is availability.

The JFK-YVR CX flight seems to just be absolutley missing from the search. Hope you understand what I mean - have a look to verify plz
Old Jun 13, 2010, 5:05 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi, yes I know this but if you call QF and AA they both have availability for some dates. the QF method shows no flights ever - never - no matter what date you check even if there is availability.
Indeed, that's the issue with the data that QF provides online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.