B Watson what is yor travel history?

Old Mar 16, 2004, 10:12 am
Original Poster

B Watson what is yor travel history?

Just curious, what is your travel background, are you a regular traveler or a wannabe who likes to feel like one of us via this website?
Old Mar 16, 2004, 10:17 am
In Memoriam

Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA UA 1K, AA EXP 1MM, SQ PPS, BA GOLD, Hyatt D, Hertz Plat and AMEX Cent
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Chek Lap Kok:
Just curious, what is your travel background, are you a regular traveler or a wannabe who likes to feel like one of us via this website?</font>
Very much a wannabe - I just want to fit in
Old Mar 16, 2004, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Not sure what the hostility is for, but, if you take the time to review B Watson's previous postings in this forum, the trip reports forum and the Starwood forum (there may be others, but those are the ones I know of for sure), you will see that he is anything but a "wannabe" anything.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 10:35 am
Original Poster

LOL - From the posts I have read I appreciate you confirming my initial thoughts of one who is trying to fit in.

I take your reply as a serious one since you have not shown any humour to date sir.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 11:03 am
Founder of FlyerTalk

Actually Chek, your posts come across to me as somewhat lacking as well. I guess that's because I don't see the point fo this thread. I'm sure you would agree that even in the UK/Asia and everywhere, the term 'wise' garners respect, while the term 'wise-...' garners exactly the opposite. Amazing that both terms contain the word 'wise' but yet offer such difference in meaning. This of course, is just an observation from me and probably not eben relevant to this thread - similar in a way to the relevance of your thread to this forum and FlyerTalk.

And as for the humor? A guy like myself who appreciates the 30,000 daily visitors to FlyerTalk has come to understand that humor varies around the world and that one doesn't actually need to be funny to be helpful. I'm thankful that the helpful ones are still around FlyerTalk while the 'funny' ones.... well, they aren't always funny.

Hope you'll join me and the other members of this community to stay on topic - the topic is miles and points.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.