Wiki Posts
Search

OT: check-in luggage limit

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2004, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

OT: check-in luggage limit

http://www.cathaypacific.com/intl/pr...-32065,00.html

Say I'm flying from US through point A in Asia to point B in Asia, and I actually stopover in point A. What is max limit of luggage I can check in when I fly from point A to point B ? The more restrictive 20/30/40 Kg or 2 x 32Kg ?
Old Mar 16, 2004, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Sometimes there's a difference between what you should get vs. what the check-in agent thinks you should get.

This is where a paper ticket for the entire itinerary is nice, assuming it shows "2PC" for luggage allowance.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 11:17 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
If your entire journey is on a single ticket, then you are entitled to 2 pieces of 32kg allowance.

If, say you buy US-HKG on website, and purchase a dirt cheap HKG-somewhere from Local agent, you are only entitled to 20/30/40kg. It doesn't matter whether you flew from US or not.

I guess things get interesting if you hold 2 seperate ticket, but you are doing a same day transit...

If the check-in agent refuse you 2 piece, just remind you are on a transpacific journey and they should be okay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.