Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Online check-in but accure miles on AAdvantage?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2001, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)

I have just signed up for an Asia Miles account with no intention of accuring miles in it.

Is it possible that when I make my reservation to have the agent input BOTH my AsiaMiles number and AAdvantage numbers into my PNR?

This way I can log-in to the online check-in service to do check in.

In the Online Check-in process, do you get the choice to change your Frequent Flyer account to AAdvantage so you can earn AAdvantage miles instead of AsiaMiles?
Old Nov 26, 2001, 6:05 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, CX DM, QF GO, AA LT GO, UA SL, LH FT, Marr LT Titanium, Shang DM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton DM
as far as i understand, no...you can only input one FFP number at a time...

but, of course, you can always have the agent put in your Asia Miles number first so that you can use online check-in...then change it to your AAdv number at the airport while you are picking up your boarding pass (from the agents - don't think you can change it using their CXpress kiosks)...and don't think you can change it during the online check-in process either...

of course, another possibility is...if you buy your ticket online from cathaypacific.com (the main corporate site, not the US/canada sites)...then i think you can input your AAdv number at reservation and then use your online booking ID to do online check-in...
Old Nov 26, 2001, 6:41 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Try to avoid unncessary changes at the checkin desk if you have already done internet check in. I get the feeling that the agents are annoyed at passengers who make unusual request. (Well, the requests made by FFlyers like ourselves are often "unusual"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.