Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Waitlist for F upgrade, should I call?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXPLT

For two days, I've been reading everything I can find about CX's process of being on the wait-list for a mileage upgrade on a paid J ticket to F using miles. I still can't find a clear answer on some of the particulars.

This is for long haul F, HKG-ORD 4 months from now.

Is there any reason I should call every once in a while to see if it can be confirmed? I asked this question to Asia Miles, and they basically said no. But the Asia Miles agents I've talked to don't seem that well informed.

Just for example, when I first put this itinerary on the upgrade wait list, the agent initially told me it was confirmed. I was of course thrilled. They then had to apologize and say that it is only wait listed.

So, any reason to keep calling?
Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:30 pm

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Originally Posted by akersnl
For two days, I've been reading everything I can find about CX's process of being on the wait-list for a mileage upgrade on a paid J ticket to F using miles. I still can't find a clear answer on some of the particulars.

This is for long haul F, HKG-ORD 4 months from now.

Is there any reason I should call every once in a while to see if it can be confirmed? I asked this question to Asia Miles, and they basically said no. But the Asia Miles agents I've talked to don't seem that well informed.

Just for example, when I first put this itinerary on the upgrade wait list, the agent initially told me it was confirmed. I was of course thrilled. They then had to apologize and say that it is only wait listed.

So, any reason to keep calling?

No harm to call. Doubt it will help much though.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 4:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA & SPG Plat
Please don't clog up the phone lines with such inquiries.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Calling every few days? Why not? Nothing to lose. When I'm looking for award space, I check KVS 2-3× daily. When I have no ability to check online, I call almost as frequently, always at least 1×/day.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 8:55 pm

Programs: CX DM, Accor Platinum, Discovery Titanium, Bonvoy Gold, Ultima
I don't think it is necessary. I am DM which of course helps but I have never once had to chase for waitlisted J to F upgrade on any flights to the US. They always come through.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 10:07 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by Conkers
I don't think it is necessary. I am DM which of course helps but I have never once had to chase for waitlisted J to F upgrade on any flights to the US. They always come through.
Being a DM helps a lot. That is not the case for OP unfortunately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.