Revamped CX Taipei lounge NOW OPEN!

Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:51 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
I was in the TPE lounge a week ago. It is indeed very nice, comfortable and spacious.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:52 pm

Programs: CX DM, Shang Jade, Hyatt Globalist
Looking forward to taking a look this Sunday afternoon. Old one was always so cramped...thanks for your first impressions, all.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 11:40 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by maortega15

And since you hate the previous Solus chair design, they have released a new Solus chair which I hope pleases you this time around!
The new chair (and side table) look similar to the ones at AY premium lounge in HEL.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 6:48 pm

I will use it next week, I just hope it's not a zoo. The old lounge used to have a dedicated First Class room that have some kind of privacy, but now I heard the new lounge is the same for F and J fliers, so....
Old Dec 4, 2015, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
I will use it next week, I just hope it's not a zoo. The old lounge used to have a dedicated First Class room that have some kind of privacy, but now I heard the new lounge is the same for F and J fliers, so....
Don't worry. It should not be a zoo. While it is the same for F and J, it is much better than the old F room, which was no more than just a room at the end of the J lounge with a door and fewer people.

Last edited by cxfan1960; Dec 6, 2015 at 10:30 am Reason: Should "not" be a zoo - missing "not".
Old Dec 6, 2015, 3:25 am

Programs: CX DM, Shang Jade, Hyatt Globalist
I had to rush last weekend , so couldn't check it out.

But now am currently inside and have to say it's an epic improvement and a real delight. There's currently a delayed departure and 4 flights to go tonight, and still able to have my pick of seats in any of the new areas. I can remember having to sit on the noodle bar stools many times because of lack of seating in the old lounge.

I'm never able to use the F side of things (only GO or paid J) so I can't compare to the old F room. But I think this is more comfortable than the Wingn or Bridge, and really dig the clubby atmosphere.

Very pleased, well worth your time.

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
Don't worry. It should be a zoo. While it is the same for F and J, it is much better than the old F room, which was no more than just a room at the end of the J lounge with a door and fewer people.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 6:35 am

I've just used the CX Lounge in TPE, and I must say I'm surprisingly surprised. It is much much bigger than I imagined. And Saturday around noon it's virtually deserted.

The food - it's decent with dumpling options. Kitchen made the food pretty quick, but they are very slow in replenishing chopsticks and spoons. Many guests had to wait around for a few minutes before someone came back with them.

The dining room is spacious and a good touch, instead of carrying food back to the floor you just sit and eat, much less messy for the servers.

Now a bar to order drinks, and they have a good collection of liquors.

Bathroom, I almost went into the female one but luckily at the end I saw the little skirt when I'm about to open the door, it is not visible from afar. Went into the male one and a female attendant is cleaning... (yes, this is Taiwan), and joked with her about it, and she replied: "This happens often", so I told CX attendant about it and they said: "thank you for feedback...", I asked if this happened often and she said: "a few reported cases, yes, thank you for feedback..." and doesn't want to talk further... geez... if this is a common problem why not do something about it....

The seats are comfortable, very nice.

I really think CX hit the homerun with this one (except bathroom stickmen).

First Pier, now TPE, CX is making some great lounges.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 5:43 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Female cleaners in male toilets is culturally not an issue in Japan and Taiwan. Nothing will probably be done.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by sxc
Female cleaners in male toilets is culturally not an issue in Japan and Taiwan. Nothing will probably be done.
Where it the world outside maybe North America it is an issue? I've had this happen in Malaysia so even the Muslim world is ok with it. (I remember this because the toilets were in awful condition and the lady cleaning them basically did absolutely nothing, but she was there with her head covered as per her religion.)
Old Dec 13, 2015, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by sxc
Do you even carefully read what I write? That was a by-comment. The issue is the female bathroom door "stick-women" the skirt is too narrow, and as a result many men wrongfully entered into female bathroom.

I said when I went into the male bathroom I bumped into this female cleaner and I converse with her the issue (I don't have a problem with her being there), and she said this is a common mistake in the lounge (men wrongly entering female bathrooms) that I'm surprise CX isn't addressing despite multiple reports. She (cleaner) even encouraged me to escalate because many female guests were frightened by the mistake (men entering into female bathroom by mistake).
Old Dec 13, 2015, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Do you even carefully read what I write? That was a by-comment. The issue is the female bathroom door "stick-women" the skirt is too narrow, and as a result many men wrongfully entered into female bathroom.
To be fair, your use of the pronoun "it" was inconclusive what topic you were referring to. the first few times I read your post, I also thought you had issues with the female cleaner in the men's toilet, and not about the stick figure.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 7:49 am

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
To be fair, your use of the pronoun "it" was inconclusive what topic you were referring to. the first few times I read your post, I also thought you had issues with the female cleaner in the men's toilet, and not about the stick figure.
intereting..i have the same impression.

Anyway, last two times I went there, both times were pretty emptied (while the custom area was FULL HOUSE). however, I have to say, it took me over 50 mins thru custom, I am lucky arrived early. Not sure what happened to TPE, but i used to go thru the custom in less than 5 mins. I think ppl having hard time go thru custom = less time in lounge.

My 2 cents, make sure you arrive TPE early enough to have a chance to go to the lounge.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Fly2Where
Anyway, last two times I went there, both times were pretty emptied (while the custom area was FULL HOUSE). however, I have to say, it took me over 50 mins thru custom, I am lucky arrived early. Not sure what happened to TPE, but i used to go thru the custom in less than 5 mins. I think ppl having hard time go thru custom = less time in lounge.
There is "Speedy Immigration Certificate" that one can get to use the special customs line. It's like Frequent Visitors Card at HKIA. This is a huge help because Taiwan Taoyuan airport customs is getting more chaotic. I arrived at T2 last time and overheard the custom agents said the line is so long it is at least 1.5 hours wait from end of the line.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG

My 2 cents, make sure you arrive TPE early enough to have a chance to go to the lounge.
immigration or custom?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 11:51 am

Were you departing or arriving in TPE? Customs are for arrival and you could not have lounge access. If you were departing, do you mean security? What time - early morning?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.