Loss of all baggage tags

Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Loss of all baggage tags

So over the weekend I came back from a month-long much needed vacation in Italy. A previous number of incidents where my MPO [DM] tags were stolen for who-knows-what reasons, but I still use these things since CX basically sends them to me for free.

Anyways I flew into PVG with two bags and one of my bags was the first one to pop out, with me expecting my second to come out soon after. However this was not the case as I waited forever and my second bag never came out.

I figured that I would need to file a missing claim, but the very last bag to come out was my other bag. But my bag was void of all tags. No routing tags, so baggage tags, no MPO tags, and no First Class tags (I did fly in F).

But at least I got my bags, but I'm wondering what the hell could have happened that I lost the wire attached MPO tags, the luggage tags (the one I write my address—it's the standard Rimowa leather tags), and all the printed tags (the one with the routings and the First priority), all in the same go?! Like seriously I'm still very much confused and I have a flight tomorrow morning wondering if I'm going to lose my bags for good this time around? Should I file a complaint with MPO about this? I'm not looking for compensation, but it will I just be wasting my time. Did anyine else have this happen?
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:40 am

I can't help with your problem but....

Originally Posted by alphaod
the luggage tags (the one I write my address
Don't write your address on an external luggage tag. You are giving too much information to possible thieves. They have your address and a good indication that your not at home and your house may be unoccupied. Obviously not as important on this trip as it was your return leg.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: A handful of shiny cards
Originally Posted by bricksoft
Don't write your address on an external luggage tag.
I agree with bricksoft. Apart from people having your address when you're not home, it may be potentially used for identity theft as well. It's more difficult/not as much of a priority to keep track of things like that when you're away from your home base.

Someone might have taken your MPC tag as a souvenir, but it could be that a baggage handler accidentally took hold of the First tag and the baggage routing tag when grabbing your bag and pulled them off. It could be why it was last out on the belt, since they weren't 100% sure it was meant to be on that particular belt.

I've taken to padlocking my MPC baggage tags to my suitcases. It's a bit cumbersome but at least I know that unless my bag's been destroyed, its going to be there when it arrives.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Actually the address on the bag tag isn't my home address. It's the address of my mailbox (they can receive packages and they said are fine receiving my baggage in the off chance that it ever gets sent to them), so I'm not too worried there. The phone number is my Skype-in number and I use a separate email that forwards to my main email. Already tried to be vigilant on that front
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: A handful of shiny cards
^

It's unfortunate but you can never be too careful these days with personal details.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:34 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Another rimowa got significantly damaged http://hk.on.cc/hk/bkn/cnt/news/2015...4e3deb1e7f4fac
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:58 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
What is up with oncc? There is at least one article about CX/KA every single day!
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:18 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by gemini573
What is up with oncc? There is at least one article about CX/KA every single day!
They don't seem to like CX very much...hahaha
Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:58 am
Original Poster

My Rimowa suitcases get way more damage on US airlines. They just have no respect over here.

Anyways I ordered a set of all new tags from CX and reattached them all to my luggage. So far so good.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:10 am

Programs: CX GO (in hibernation mode), AA EXP, SPG GO, HH DM
My Rimowa suitcases get way more damage on US airlines. They just have no respect over here.

Anyways I ordered a set of all new tags from CX and reattached them all to my luggage. So far so good.
do you think the metal screw unscrewed itself? maybe buy some temporary loctite and add to the screw?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dek526
do you think the metal screw unscrewed itself? maybe buy some temporary loctite and add to the screw?
I don't think Loctite is necessary.

Once in a while I check to see if they've loosened and they are always on tight. Then all of a sudden they're all gone? No, I think someone deliberately removed my tags.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:35 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade

So I never used any single one of the luggage tag since joining... From old GR to new GR to SL GO DM and DM () all sitting in my drawer...
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:20 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by sscywong
So I never used any single one of the luggage tag since joining... From old GR to new GR to SL GO DM and DM () all sitting in my drawer...
I do use them on my carry-on, but not on checked luggage.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:49 pm

Im always puzzle why would one want to put a tag on their bag, not that they cannot recognise what belong to them. Not to mention some even have few tags on it.....
Old Aug 27, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: CX GO (in hibernation mode), AA EXP, SPG GO, HH DM
Originally Posted by soonyeap
Im always puzzle why would one want to put a tag on their bag, not that they cannot recognise what belong to them. Not to mention some even have few tags on it.....
I've actually have encountered a few times where I've grabbed the wrong bag since it was the exact same one that I have. the tag makes spotting it easier for me in case some one else has the same exact bag rather than inspecting the airline labels carefully

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.