Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges in HKG

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2015, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver
Lounges in HKG

Hi we are flying February 2016 LHR-HKG with BA then a 6.5 hr layover at HKG before our CX Business Class to AKL.
As I use crutches and cannot walk long distances, we have booked the Special Assistance. On past experiences, I have been met at the plane and then taken to a lounge to wait for our next flight. We cannot usually go anywhere else as Special Assistance come back to the same lounge to take me to the gate of our next flight.
We have never been to HKG before.
Can anyone suggest the best lounge to wait in which may be near to the gate(if known) where CX usually fly to AKL?
Thanks for any help or advice.
Sarah
Old Aug 1, 2015, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by sarahuk
Hi we are flying February 2016 LHR-HKG with BA then a 6.5 hr layover at HKG before our CX Business Class to AKL.
As I use crutches and cannot walk long distances, we have booked the Special Assistance. On past experiences, I have been met at the plane and then taken to a lounge to wait for our next flight. We cannot usually go anywhere else as Special Assistance come back to the same lounge to take me to the gate of our next flight.
We have never been to HKG before.
Can anyone suggest the best lounge to wait in which may be near to the gate(if known) where CX usually fly to AKL?
Thanks for any help or advice.
Sarah
Best for you to wait till the day of your flight, then the special assistance team will know which lounge will be closest to your flight gate as there are several lounges to choose from and they are all good. There is no way to know which gate CX uses for their AKL flights until a few hours prior to departure.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Best for you to wait till the day of your flight, then the special assistance team will know which lounge will be closest to your flight gate as there are several lounges to choose from and they are all good. There is no way to know which gate CX uses for their AKL flights until a few hours prior to departure.
If its a low numbered gate I would request to be taken to the Qantas lounge. If a high numbered gate (>~30), request The Bridge.

If you have F lounge access, go the The Pier.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver
Thanks for your help.
Sarah
Old Aug 2, 2015, 5:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC Green, DL Gold, TG ROP Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by phol
If a high numbered gate (>~30), request The Bridge.
Last year when I traveled through HKG with my dad who was in wheelchair, special services told us there was no wheelchair access to The Bridge (which I was keen to try out at the time). Not sure if that's still the case, but certainly no harm asking.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by activistflyer
Last year when I traveled through HKG with my dad who was in wheelchair, special services told us there was no wheelchair access to The Bridge (which I was keen to try out at the time). Not sure if that's still the case, but certainly no harm asking.
Im not sure on that, although the OP is on crutches and may be ok with escalators.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.