Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX 288 FRA-HKG 1 July 2015 Overbooked?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador

I am on CX288 from FRA to HKG tomorrow. J and Y have been zeroed out for weeks. The flight currently looks like this on EF:

F1 A0 J0 C0 D0 I0 W0 R0 E0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0

I am actually flying FRA-HKG-SIN-HKG-FRA with a stopover in HKG on the return leg. What are the chances CX will have to leave some pax behind? If so, what are the chances CX will just put me on FRA-SIN with SQ or LH if I volunteer?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:19 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
My guess would be that they'd try to accommodate you on Oneworld flights, e.g. AY via HEL or BA via LHR (they have two evening flights to SIN).
Old Jun 30, 2015, 6:08 am
Uli

since CX "downgraded" the flight from 744 to 773 I have never seen any single open seat on that flight.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
My guess would be that they'd try to accommodate you on Oneworld flights, e.g. AY via HEL or BA via LHR (they have two evening flights to SIN).
That would not be a good deal then. I would definitely take CX over BA or AY.

Originally Posted by Uli
since CX "downgraded" the flight from 744 to 773 I have never seen any single open seat on that flight.
Maybe the new DUS flight will take some of the traffic away from FRA. I have never seen a flight zeroed out in Y and J so far in advance as CX288.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.