Search

Few questions about CX421

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:06 pm
Original Poster
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Few questions about CX421

I will fly in six weeks CX421 ICN-HKG, in J.

The scheduled plane is a 773 for the moment. I know CX have a couple of versions of their regional J seats, without knowing the difference really (this will be my first time on CX). Are all the 773 with the latest (and I guess best) version of the seat ? The seat map shows a 2-3-2 configuration if that helps.

At ICN, which lounge would you recommend between the CX lounge and the Asiana lounge ?

This flight makes a 1 hour stop at TPE. What is the protocol there, can I stay on the plane or do I have to leave and wait at the gate ?

Finally, what to expect in terms of catering ? I imagine a full meal on the ICN-TPE leg. However the TPE-HKG leg is short, so is there even a food service ?

Thanks.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 2:35 pm

All regional 773's have the new seats. So its one configuration for all regional 773's.

As for the stop in TPE, you remain onboard or you can disembark to the gate area if you fancy. The cabin crew will make an announcement.

Yes you still get a meal service from TPE-HKG. Might be a quick meal service but you still get a full meal service nonetheless. Everything from the appetizer, to entree and dessert will be in one tray.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 2:11 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Thanks for the answers.
Two meals for a total flight time of 4h30, I will be well stuffed
Old Apr 28, 2015, 2:37 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Thanks for the answers.
Two meals for a total flight time of 4h30, I will be well stuffed
ICN - TPE meal is breakfast service with 2 main choices - nothing to write home about whilst the TPE - HKG is an express lunch service, again I can't say anything nice about this meal since I fly between HKG-TPE once a month at least in J! F&B is one of the weakest offerings on CX so I'd always stuff myself at lounge/restaurant at airport before I board on a CX metal
Old Jun 13, 2015, 2:29 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

I took the flight this week so I could update: there was no possibility to stay onboard at TPE. The announcement was for security reason everybody should get out and people going onward to HKG should use the transit way.
The transit is quick, but there was an issue: the checkin agent at ICN gave me one boarding pass only (ICN-HKG) and not two (one for each leg). As a result the security agent at TPE did not want to let me through and a CX staff has to be called to confirm I was good to go, which took a bit of time.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 5:46 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by fransknorge
I took the flight this week so I could update: there was no possibility to stay onboard at TPE. The announcement was for security reason everybody should get out and people going onward to HKG should use the transit way.
The transit is quick, but there was an issue: the checkin agent at ICN gave me one boarding pass only (ICN-HKG) and not two (one for each leg). As a result the security agent at TPE did not want to let me through and a CX staff has to be called to confirm I was good to go, which took a bit of time.
In my experience of NRT-TPE-HKG, or HKG-TPE-(FUK,NRT) with one through boarding pass.
When I left a plane, before exiting gate, an anget handed a transit card. That was enough for going through the security check.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.