Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Tell us about your first time flying J/F or most memorable.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tell us about your first time flying J/F or most memorable.

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2015, 6:10 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
Having been in F on 840, 841, 845, 889, 806, and 807, my most memorable was mid-flight on 845 when I asked for a snack. The junior attendant remarked to me as she laid down the white table cloth, "You are our nicest passenger, Mr. X. We have never had anyone as nice as you in (the) First Class." It amounted to nothing in the end, but I remember being taken aback at that moment.

That got me thinking... I did nothing spectacular. But are other passengers usually difficult when they fly? Anyway, that has been staying with me ever since.

The YVR crew getting off 889 who stayed and chatted with me, offering more champagne even though they had their coats on and were very ready to leave as soon as the incoming crew got on... that was nice. I don't know if they do that usually, but it was nice to be the only F pax served more and more bubbles as we waited.
Old May 2, 2015, 7:32 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I got one of those "You are the nicest passenger" comments once. At the end of the flight, I got a plastic bag of playing cards, pens, and a note with a phone number.
Old May 2, 2015, 8:00 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
I have flown over 1 Million miles on CX, many of these in F.
Only once, prior to departure (HKG-YVR) the Captain came out, introduced himself to each F passenger and chatted for a few minutes with each. That differentiated what is consistently an excellent F product.
Old May 2, 2015, 11:32 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
My first F was on BA F YVR-LHR as I moving to London to attend school. I redeemed the reward ticket mainly for the luggage. Flight was ok, full cabin, and not knowing what to expect, it was so-so.

First CX F was JFK-YVR and that was awesome.

Two most memorable F trips:

BA F from LHR to JFK -- surprised my Mum by upgrading our seats to F without her knowing. She had a blast -- she was so excited she didn't sleep on the daytime flight at all.

SQ F from LHR-SIN -- I was the only pax in F. WOW!

Notable mention: JAL F, NRT-LAX, outstanding hard and soft product. Slept the best I have ever slept on a bed on a plane. Great champagnes and great sake choices.
Old May 3, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
"Best flight ever" was daytime ICN - HKG in CX J last year. Quiet cabin on a widebody with the "Cirrus coffins"

Enjoyed the seafood heavy lunch, some nice wines with it, a favourite Japanese travel program on the IFE and the very sophisticated elderly NYC couple sitting next to myself.

I'd just scored a rather nice deal in Seoul and was heading over to China for CNY so was in a rather festive mood.
Old May 26, 2015, 8:01 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
For me it was a 27th birthday present to myself. I wanted to go to Alaska and decided to use 32.5K AA miles to fly RDU-ORD-DCA-JFK-YVR with the JFK-YVR sector in First. The day started with three pretty mediocre AA flights and then I had to deal with the crappy BA F Lounge at JFK. But the Cathay flight...there aren't enough superlatives for how amazing it was. First of all, it was just me and one other passenger in F on the 77W and he went to sleep for the sector. The crew were impeccable, food was very good (starter was pretty bad but other than that, everything was delicious). It's the flight against which all others are now measured.

I even wrote a TR about it: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...ss-alaska.html
Old May 27, 2015, 7:53 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
My first ever J was NZ J SYD-AKL-PPT. Amazing experience on NZ and Moorea, French Polynesia. It is still my best ever experience in higher class flights, even though it is just larger recliner seats and not lie flats.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...ess-class.html

The whole trip was an amazing experience.

My first F/R experince was SQ Suites HKG-SIN-SYD. It is in the trip report below:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...and-words.html

It was fantastic too but I had to say my Tahiti trip via NZ was still the best and most memorable. I will never forget it!
Old May 27, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by hphreak
Oh man, I took hardshell Y once HKG-LHR - never again. I landed with a pounding headache having not slept, and a stomach that was so empty it was eating itself because my headache made me lose my appetite (And even if I did, the food was horrid).

I did SYD-HKG-LHR on hardshell Y before (22 hours in hardshell Y!), I could not sleep on the flight and I was really tired next day at London .....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.