Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption Tickets

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2015, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Redemption Tickets

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me. I'm trying to book tickets for next June (2016) and redeem business class. I was just looking at ticket availabilities this year, from Shanghai to Toronto and it seems that most of them do not have any tickets (at least via Cathay Pacific's site). Am I not doing this correctly? Or are there very limited release of business class tickets?
Old Apr 10, 2015, 4:59 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Next June?! Not released yet. Today's releases only up to 4 Apr 16 (Ching Ming Festival)
Old Apr 10, 2015, 7:37 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I don't think you can even buy regular tickets that far in advance.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club; Asia Miles
Originally Posted by anythursday
I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me. I'm trying to book tickets for next June (2016) and redeem business class. I was just looking at ticket availabilities this year, from Shanghai to Toronto and it seems that most of them do not have any tickets (at least via Cathay Pacific's site). Am I not doing this correctly? Or are there very limited release of business class tickets?
You can redeem up to one year(365 days?) in advance, the system does count the days. For 06/16? Check back during 06/15.

And yes, I find business class very hard to redeem, especially on SFO - HKG route. Has to really redeem like a year in advance to secure during high season(before Christmas - right after New Year).

Last edited by JohnGreat; Apr 10, 2015 at 2:16 pm
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:07 am
Original Poster

So I'm trying to secure business class tickets from Shanghai PVG to Toronto YYZ for next June. I know it's a little early since not all tickets are released. BUT, I have some miles that are expiring (end of July) - not too many - about 4000.

What are the chances that I'll even get those tickets if I'm waitlisted within the next month? :S Trying to decide if I should use my miles for something else..
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:57 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
I looked at week of 21/6...this route is seriously deficient in fiber for J
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Thanks for looking - such a bummer. Should I even bother waitlisting? Or just redeem for something else?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 4:59 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Well if your miles are expiring, you should consider redeeming for a flight that's available and then later change the booking to the date you want when it becomes available.

But there is a change fee, of course, for US$150 I believe.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:25 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by alphaod

But there is a change fee, of course, for US$150 I believe.
that is for refund of ticket i believe.

Straight forward rebooking (i.e. same route, just different date/flight) is at US$15/sector.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: QF WP (OW Emerald)
Originally Posted by fakecd
that is for refund of ticket i believe.

Straight forward rebooking (i.e. same route, just different date/flight) is at US$15/sector.
It's 1,000 Asia Miles or 25USD per sector.

https://www.asiamiles.com/am/en/site/terms#28
Old Jul 7, 2015, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

So, I found business class tickets flying BA. No reward tickets are opening for Cathay. I wonder if I should nab those and then try to rebook later?

Some of my points expire at the end of the month which is why I'm a lil hasty..

Anybody with experience flying BA business?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.