New CX boarding procedure: 3 lines

Old Jul 2, 2013, 11:09 am
Original Poster

New CX boarding procedure: 3 lines

There are now three lines (at least for the HKG - ORD flight I took): one line clearly labeled "First Class/Diamond/Emerald", another line next to it labeled "Business Class/Gold/Sapphire" and the Economy line.

When boarding started the "premium" side take the F/DM people first, and the "Econ" line would take the J/GO people, and as soon as the F/DM line ran out of people, the J/GO line get redirected to Premium side and they start to take in Econ pax.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 11:19 am

Programs: QF plat, CX gold, SQ pps, Ethihad gold, Klm gold, HH gold, spy gold
That's the right way

Cx allows even green to have priority boarding. So many a times my business class queue is even longer than economy. What's the point of being in business class and diamond with them ? I'm glad they had listened to feedbacks.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 12:01 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
I noticed that too last month for my SFO-HKG flight. That may be for long haul. I do not recall that was the case for my HKG-TPE and HKG-PVG (on CX) flights.

While I lost my DM a year ago , I do think it makes more sense this way.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Where do us lowly SLs go?

And what about Premium Economy pax?
Old Jul 2, 2013, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA, UA, QF, TK, EY, NZ
It's been in effect since May for long haul flights at least.. Had that when boarding for both LHR and LAX on different occasions. The F/DM/Emerald passengers got boarded first, then the line of J/GO/SL/Sapphire which was separate from the Y line went next without the opening of Y until I was long gone down the airbridge.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 3:13 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by jumbojet19920711
Where do us lowly SLs go?

And what about Premium Economy pax?
And GR
Old Jul 2, 2013, 5:36 pm
Suspended

I thought PEY and GR never had priority boarding before?
Old Jul 2, 2013, 7:12 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
I noticed that too last month for my SFO-HKG flight. That may be for long haul. I do not recall that was the case for my HKG-TPE and HKG-PVG (on CX) flights.

While I lost my DM a year ago , I do think it makes more sense this way.
Indeed, I saw this at SFO a few weeks ago, it was actually 4 delineations in 3 lines. There was the F/J/DM/EM/Sapphire, etc line, but they were yanking F/DM pax and putting them on first. Then there was a separate PEY line, and then there was a EY line.

I walked up about mid-way through boarding, and noticed that the PEY line was just finishing....but there were still heaps of folks in the F/J/etc/etc line.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by correctioncx
GR definitely has priority boarding for as far as I remember

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_H...-benefits.html
Old Jul 2, 2013, 9:37 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by JALPak

GR started to have priority boarding the last few years, perhaps about 5-6 years ago.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AC E35k
Originally Posted by correctioncx

As does Premium Economy-

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_H...omy-class.html

Before you board, youll appreciate dedicated check-in counters and priority boarding at the gate.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 10:18 pm

GR started to have priority boarding the last few years, perhaps about 5-6 years ago.
That's as far as my MPC memory goes Didn't even know what MPC was until I joined FT. Having both the AM and MPC programs was just too complicated for me
Old Jul 2, 2013, 10:23 pm
Suspended

That's as far as my MPC memory goes Didn't even know what MPC was until I joined FT. Having both the AM and MPC programs was just too complicated for me
Yep when they first introduced Green MPO under the new oneworld scheme there were no priority boarding circa 97-98?

Anyway glad they segregate the priority boarding process which I experience on my last trips to LHR. However I tend to board at the last possible
Moment - as overhead space is not an issue in J class on CX.
However I think they need to implement something similar to shorthaul
Old Jul 3, 2013, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Much more than 5-6 years. Time passes by quickly.

But very good news.
They usually picked F pax (and DM/emerald) from the priority line to board ahead of the others when there was a long line. But glad that it has been institutionalized.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 2:44 am

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
Priority boarding has been a GR benefit since at least 2000 (when I rejoined MPC, having been a GR/SL in the mid-1990s).

One embarrassing incident with being picked to board ahead of others - I was on HKG-LHR in F, I was picked and asked to stand at the "third line". I was the only one there. People were staring at me. One man even told me to get back into the priority line, thinking I was cutting the line. The gate staff had to reply to the man "this customer is in First Class".... I was so embarrassed!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.