Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

baggage allowance on pnr shared with OW emerald

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond

I'm flying a few segments within Asia on cx & ka in Business class. As an AA Exp (OW Emerald) I understand that I am entitled to an extra 20kg over the normal 30kg baggage allowance.

Are others traveling on the same pnr also entitled to this extra allowance?

My wife is planning on making me lug half of Asia home... Please say no.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
You are allowed an extra baggage allowance or an extra 20kg (when they have a limit by weight, not by baggage #).
Most airlines have a limit of 3 for Business passengers, which means you can get a 4th free of charge. The 20 extra kg is only when an Airlines have a limit of (for example) 46Kg, it doesn't matter if you check in 2 or 3 bags, the limit can't got over that unless you pay a fee, on those occasions, is when the extra 20kg benefit apply.

With AA you can get 3x 70lbs in Y, or 4x 70lbs in J/F, but I'm not sure about others OW partners or if your companion will get the same benefit.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: JGC Sapphire
I believe what you mentioned is only for BA flight, where paxs on the same pnr also benefit, at least I am not aware of CX doing the same thing.

So the simply answer is NO.

But, if you are travelling on America - HKG, then unfortunately, you will get 32kg*(2+1pc) + your wife's 32kg*2pc. The grand total would be 5pc (160kg), not enough to bring back half of Asia, but probably a quarter?

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...age-allowances

Executive Club Gold and oneworld Emerald members

An additional free checked bag in any class of travel for the cardholder and any customer travelling on the same booking (excludes hand-baggage only fares and group rate bookings).
A weight allowance of 32kg (71lb) per checked bag in any class of travel for the cardholder only.

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_H...owance.html#N1

Members of oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes
Emerald Members (First/ Business/ Premium Economy/ Economy class): 3 Pieces

Maximum weight per bag: Business: 32kg (70lbs)
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by nshizuka25
So the simply answer is NO.

...not enough to bring back half of Asia, but probably a quarter?
Thanks.

My trans-pacific flights are on AA in a different pnr, so I don't think they factor in.

But I'm also traveling with 2 small children. So, sadly for me, adding their baggage allowance to my wife's will be sufficient to crush me anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.