Search

Lounge Access when Arriving ORD???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
Lounge Access when Arriving ORD???

Flying CX F ORD-HKG-ORD in April.

Now that all of the arrangements are made, I discover that I now will need to continue on ORD to DTW, so I need to make the arrangements.

I can always fly DL and access the SkyClub with Platinum card. But I would prefer to fly AA in order to concentrate miles in that program, but I have no AA status, and subsequently no access to the Admirals Lounge (which is a much nicer club than SkyClub anyway!)

I know I can access the Admirals Club BEFORE my Oneworld CX flight, but I don't think I can access it AFTER my Oneworld CX flight.

HOWEVER....

I thought if it was a connecting flight, then I would have access. Is that accurate?

If yes, then I presume I can just contact and book through CX, so that they can ticket it as connecting?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
You have access lounge prior to the AA flight when connecting from long-haul CX connecting to domestic AA: http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access
Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
You have access lounge prior to the AA flight when connecting from long-haul CX connecting to domestic AA: http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access
Thanks so much for the reply.

That's what I thought. I even emailed AA, but they said NO.

Thank you for contacting Admirals Club®. We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your inquiry.

First or Business Class passengers may have complimentary access to oneworld lounges when departing on a same-day, international oneworld operated/marketed flight. You would be asked to display your boarding pass and photo identification for entry. Your arriving flight would not qualify.

If you would like more information, please go to www.oneworld.com/lounges.

I emailed again, and we'll see where that goes.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by Gongzuokuang
Flying CX F ORD-HKG-ORD in April.

Now that all of the arrangements are made, I discover that I now will need to continue on ORD to DTW, so I need to make the arrangements.

I can always fly DL and access the SkyClub with Platinum card. But I would prefer to fly AA in order to concentrate miles in that program, but I have no AA status, and subsequently no access to the Admirals Lounge (which is a much nicer club than SkyClub anyway!)

I know I can access the Admirals Club BEFORE my Oneworld CX flight, but I don't think I can access it AFTER my Oneworld CX flight.

HOWEVER....

I thought if it was a connecting flight, then I would have access. Is that accurate?

If yes, then I presume I can just contact and book through CX, so that they can ticket it as connecting?
If you are in Y from ORD to DTW on AA, you'll get access to the Admirals Club only if you have at least Marco Polo Gold status = OW Sapphire.

If you are flying in F from ORD to DTW on AA metal and it is ticketed as a CX codeshare flight, then I think you get Admirals Club access as it is part of a CX product, but am not 100% sure.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 10:02 am
Original Poster

I know AA flyers get plenty of access to CX lounges... why is AA trying to be so difficult about reciprocal access?

The oneworld site (http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access) indicates “First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa). ”

I will be travelling between an international long haul and a domestic flight.

Am I missing something?

I just got this email from American:

You would be arriving and the oneworld access on their site show the access requirements below.

• To be eligible, you must be departing on a flight that is both marketed and operated by a oneworld member airline. [I AM!]
• Some lounges may get busy at peak times, and access to them may be restricted as a result. [UNDERSTAND. SO WHAT?]
• Lounges operated by third parties are identified in the lounge finder tool (above). Access to these lounges is restricted to eligible customers when travelling on specific oneworld airlines as shown in the lounge finder tool. [N/A]
• Arrivals lounges are excluded.[THIS IS NOT AN ARRIVALS LOUNGE!]
• Spa and Pre-Flight Dining facilities are excluded.
• British Airways Concorde lounges are excluded.[N/A!]
• Other exceptions may apply (see below).
We are sorry, with your connecting situation, your layover time frame length does not qualify. [WHAT LAYOVER TIME LENGTH? I NEVER MENTIONED ONE!]

Regards,

American Airlines.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Just received this:

Mr. Gongzuokuang :-D,

I took the liberty to call the ORD lounge and spoke with Armando. He states they do allow access, as long as you can provide the first class international boarding pass from your flight. The connecting flight class of service does not come into review at all.

I apologize for the confusion on flight times. Your international flight must be over five hours and yours definitely qualifies.

Regards,

[Name Removed]
Member Services Team | Premium Customer Services
Old Jan 30, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by KACommuter
If you are in Y from ORD to DTW on AA, you'll get access to the Admirals Club only if you have at least Marco Polo Gold status = OW Sapphire.

If you are flying in F from ORD to DTW on AA metal and it is ticketed as a CX codeshare flight, then I think you get Admirals Club access as it is part of a CX product, but am not 100% sure.
Sorry...but this is completely irrelevant and not the correct explanation.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Yep - the OP should rest easy. My mom (SL - so no lounge on partners) had no trouble getting into the Admiral's Club @ LAX with an inbound CX J boarding pass, before her AA connection (which was in coach).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.