Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2015, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
The new Pier First Class lounge is open as of 20 June 2015. You can see some details here:

http://www.ausbt.com.au/photos-video-cathay-pacific-opens-new-the-pier-first-class-lounge

http://focusedflyer.com/2015/07/06/review-of-cathay-pacific-the-pier-first-class-lounge/

First class lounge menus - if you have any new menus, please post:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1813204-cx-f-class-lounge-menus.html

The Pier Business Class Lounge at Hong Kong International Airport is open as of 18 June 2016. Discussion about the new Pier J lounge can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1765339-pier-j-lounge-re-opening-late-may-2016-a.html
Print Wikipost

The New Pier F Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by SinoBritAsia
Here is something new:

I watched as my fellow Diamond member (friend of mine) travelling on CX - was able to guest in two guests (his relatives) into The Pier Flounge - but the guests were travelling separately with Vietnam Airlines, plus when we arrived at 8am, these guests flights were at 3pm. No questions asked.

So much for sticking to the rules.

But at the same time, I applause Cathay's generosity, since I am not aware Vietnam Airlines shares lounges with CX - and rather the Plaza Premium Lounge.
Wonder if this would work at the Arrivals Lounge. I'm a OW Emerald on a CX F ticket and get in on CX around noon. I have two friends arriving on China Southern at 1p. We plan to meet at the airport for a drink, then go our separate ways. (They're from the opposite side of my country, we meet once every couple of years and coincidentally will be at HKG on the same day.) Then plan to head back airside and use the new F lounge to sleep until my 9p flight.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:59 am

I spent a few hours in the Pier First Class Lounge today, while waiting for my delayed flight to Shanghai.

The air conditioning in the Day Suites is still freezing. I could not nap in their for more than 20 minutes, and it is annoying that the aircon blows directly on your head (on the side where the pillow is), and there is no way to control the temperature or the speed of the fan.

Has anyone experienced many more websites being blocked by the ISP of the Pier? I never have this issue in The Wing, The Bridge, or the Cabin, but even my corporate webmail server is blocked at The Pier. Quite annoying.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:04 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Wonder if this would work at the Arrivals Lounge. I'm a OW Emerald on a CX F ticket and get in on CX around noon
Guests are not permitted in the Arrival.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by QRC3288
Guests are not permitted in the Arrival.
The Arrival stinks anyway. Go to the Plaza Premium Lounge (lots of ways to access)
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Has anyone experienced many more websites being blocked by the ISP of the Pier? I never have this issue in The Wing, The Bridge, or the Cabin, but even my corporate webmail server is blocked at The Pier. Quite annoying.
Yes, this absolutely is the case. I also was being blocked from several websites that I don't think would be considered controversial in the least, and that oddly enough just minutes earlier I was able to access in The Bridge.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:31 am

Oh man, you didn't like them? I haven't used them, but did a quick tour and came away with the opposite impression. I thought they were perfect for catching a quick snooze...
I didn't find it relaxing to be just behind a curtain with people coming and going in the corridor very close to me. Maybe a cultural thing? Are these cabins designed to mimic a setup that local passengers might be familiar with?
Old Jul 7, 2015, 7:56 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
I didn't find it relaxing to be just behind a curtain with people coming and going in the corridor very close to me. Maybe a cultural thing? Are these cabins designed to mimic a setup that local passengers might be familiar with?
I don't think so, but I think it's a balance between privacy and having your own space, but not making passengers feel like they are in a hotel room to stay in for hours and hours.

So basically....please make yourself at home....but not too much at home.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:51 pm

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
The new pier F lounge is great. I'm seriously impressed. Love the layout, different areas, design, menu, etc.

If only they'd upgrade the Wing to something similar.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 2:36 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
A theory...?

The Pier F is at such a higher standard than Wing F, I kinda wonder if something isn't in the works? I am just blown away by the product.

This is pure conjecture at this point....but could it be the Pier Diamond lounge? Or Pier Marco Polo Lounge? Akin to a CCR? Perhaps this would be in parallel with an MPC makeover. And then limiting it to DMs and F pax only? Whereby Wing F would be the official F lounge for OWEs and/or some lower caliber Diamond depending how CX changes the program?

I see just such an obvious quality and product difference between Wing F and Pier F now...it's hard for me to think the difference isn't the sign of something to come.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 3:09 am

The Pier F is at such a higher standard than Wing F, I kinda wonder if something isn't in the works? I am just blown away by the product.
Look at the corresponding improvement in the BKK and HND lounges, and they are just the normal combined lounges. To me it looks like an overall improvement in quality, not a strategy to segment.
This is pure conjecture at this point....but could it be the Pier Diamond lounge? Or Pier Marco Polo Lounge? Akin to a CCR? Perhaps this would be in parallel with an MPC makeover. And then limiting it to DMs and F pax only? Whereby Wing F would be the official F lounge for OWEs and/or some lower caliber Diamond depending how CX changes the program?
That would make no sense whatsoever, because of the difference in the physical locations. Most F and Diamonds who are used to F lounges and not aviation geeks or maximisers will probably consider it crazy to go all the way to the Pier and walk the 20+ minutes to their departure gates close to the Wing. They will therefore only use it when their departure gate is near the Pier.

Renovating the G16 lounge will make far more sense in terms of dividing CX F/DM vs. OW F and EMD.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 4:20 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum

What? Why?

Originally Posted by stargold
That would make no sense whatsoever, because of the difference in the physical locations. Most F and Diamonds who are used to F lounges and not aviation geeks or maximisers will probably consider it crazy to go all the way to the Pier and walk the 20+ minutes to their departure gates close to the Wing. They will therefore only use it when their departure gate is near the Pier.
Precisely - see my earlier post. Most of us have work meetings to finish off, families to spend time with, or friends to catch up with - we aren't going to get to the airport an hour earlier than we would normally do just to make use of a higher quality lounge.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 8:37 am
formerly gohima

Didnt see this posted. A lot of photos:
http://www.yellowtrace.com.au/cathay...nge-hong-kong/

Cant wait to try out the lounge! I certainly like the direction they are going in, design wise. Moving away from the super modern but dated feeling old Foster + Partners designs (carrera marble, solus chairs, etc) towards something much better.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 6:03 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Gorgeous lounge and the pics posted by members are greatly appreciated. ^

I have an upcoming trip in Nov with CX from HKG-SFO and will be traveling with my mom and sister in J. As a OWE, I know that I can only guest 1 person. Has anyone who is Emerald with another Oneworld airline been successful in bringing 2 guests to a CX F lounge?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 12:21 am

another video

about these new lounges in general....
Old Jul 15, 2015, 8:49 am

Im in here now and seriously impressed. I love the decor and the pantry, although it took me 3 brand new iMacs before I found one that worked properly. Unless i have a single digit gate this is worth the walk in future.

At least they provide blankets in the freezer rooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.