Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2015, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
The new Pier First Class lounge is open as of 20 June 2015. You can see some details here:

http://www.ausbt.com.au/photos-video-cathay-pacific-opens-new-the-pier-first-class-lounge

http://focusedflyer.com/2015/07/06/review-of-cathay-pacific-the-pier-first-class-lounge/

First class lounge menus - if you have any new menus, please post:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1813204-cx-f-class-lounge-menus.html

The Pier Business Class Lounge at Hong Kong International Airport is open as of 18 June 2016. Discussion about the new Pier J lounge can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1765339-pier-j-lounge-re-opening-late-may-2016-a.html
Print Wikipost

The New Pier F Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2015, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by phol
I dont know...as someone who also flies it v regularly i would say there absolutely is consistency. Think of the furthest gate you can, and you will be flying from it. I seem to spend most of my life walking to Gate 70 and back

In general the 777s tend to get the low gates, whilst the A330s go down the far end, in my experience.
Thanks for this. We are, in fact, on an A330 though we all know how quickly that can change. Definitely eager to try the new lounge, but with the family in tow I do tend to slow down a bit.

Appreciate the response. Best, Jamie
Old Jun 21, 2015, 7:59 pm

Programs: CX DM, QF PL
Came across this report ...

http://thedesignair.net/2015/06/19/l...new-standards/

has a few more photos besides the stock PR ones ...
Old Jun 22, 2015, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jackrussellterrier
Am I right in thinking that another company is managing the catering and service rather than the Peninsula?
It's still the Peninsula - or rather, their subsidiary 'Peninsula Clubs and Consultancy Services'. CXers are on the front desk, everyone else is Peninsula.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 12:40 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; SPG Gold; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by insideman
Thanks for the in depth review!
hahaha sorry - i was on my phone.. couldnt upload photos and was lazy to type everything

anyway heres some photos -

Entrance:

Counter

Hallway

Bar / Lounge / Food counter

Work area

Dining

Bathroom

Day Lounge:

Theres also a shower place (14 stalls iirc) and a massage place run by Gentleman's Tonic.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 2:37 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by djsflynn
It's still the Peninsula - or rather, their subsidiary 'Peninsula Clubs and Consultancy Services'. CXers are on the front desk, everyone else is Peninsula.
Except for the foot massage people who are Gentleman's Tonic.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 2:43 am

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
looks great. excited to try it.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 8:30 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
The Pier Business Class Lounge is closing for renovation

As part of our ongoing commitment to enhance our passengers experience, The Pier Business Class Lounge at Hong Kong International Airport will be closed for renovation from 1 July 2015 until the second half of 2016. During this period, we invite you to use other Cathay Pacific lounge facilities at the airport, including The Wing, The Bridge, The Cabin and G16 Lounge.

The Pier Business Class lounge will adopt the airline’s new lounge design template that has already been employed at Cathay Pacific lounges in Haneda Airport in Tokyo, Manila and Bangkok, we look forward to providing you with an enhanced lounge experience in the near future.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 2:40 am

I am glad CX went for a different theme
I hope they stick to it
all the HKG lounges should not really be the same at all
the different lounge styles will reduce customer complaints about the design of lounges....
Old Jun 26, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
I was able to spend a couple of hours in The Pier between flights and I'd say CX has hit a home run with this lounge. Granted, it's still very quiet as not many people know about it, but the lounge exudes calm and class, both of which are missing from The Wing. It also maintains the clubby feeling of the old lounge.

We tried a couple of different F&B offerings and all were tasty. The showers are very nice, but those who are used to cabanas may find them a little small. The toilets seem to have a unique flush mechanism that looks to be water-saving. And the 20-minute shoulder, head and foot massage by Gentlemen's Corner was great. I'd anticipate that in the future one is going to have to book very early to enjoy this service.

For the time being, two ladies are working the massage stations, but they said that a third will be added in July.

The day rooms also looked comfortable and have great views, but I have a hunch they may be a bit underused in the future, as most people may prefer to be nearer to F&B in the lounge or restaurant.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 8:15 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
oh my...this lounge seems spectacular

I spent perhaps 30 minutes today in the new Pier F. Completely blown away. CX has just significantly elevated their game.

I'm sure all of us will figure out a lot of the smaller points with the lounge as more of us try it. In my experience, I got my suit ironed today..that was a first. Pretty awesome.

I desperately needed my suit ironed after a casual dinner in the US Thursday night, flying nighttime to HKG, connecting for 100 minutes at HKG and flying straight to TPE to attend a wedding midday Saturday. Inbound flight to HKG delayed leaving me with a 70 minute connection at HKG. I ***almost*** went to the Bridge, which was slightly closer to my departure gate (40s). However, Pier F wasn't too much farther from the 40s, and I was really anxious to try. I took a shower, and on a lark asked them if they could iron my suit....to which the answer was "Absolutely!" Given my schedule is a bit tight (and my suit was folded up in my carry-on, inevitably getting quite wrinkled in the process), not only was it a cool thing but a remarkably useful service.

I have to imagine this place is going to get more crowded as the word gets out, but I'm really impressed even for my brief 30 minutes today. Took a quick spin through the whole place. Really lovely.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 8:34 pm

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by QRC3288
I spent perhaps 30 minutes today in the new Pier F. Completely blown away. CX has just significantly elevated their game.

I'm sure all of us will figure out a lot of the smaller points with the lounge as more of us try it. In my experience, I got my suit ironed today..that was a first. Pretty awesome.

I desperately needed my suit ironed after a casual dinner in the US Thursday night, flying nighttime to HKG, connecting for 100 minutes at HKG and flying straight to TPE to attend a wedding midday Saturday. Inbound flight to HKG delayed leaving me with a 70 minute connection at HKG. I ***almost*** went to the Bridge, which was slightly closer to my departure gate (40s). However, Pier F wasn't too much farther from the 40s, and I was really anxious to try. I took a shower, and on a lark asked them if they could iron my suit....to which the answer was "Absolutely!" Given my schedule is a bit tight (and my suit was folded up in my carry-on, inevitably getting quite wrinkled in the process), not only was it a cool thing but a remarkably useful service.

I have to imagine this place is going to get more crowded as the word gets out, but I'm really impressed even for my brief 30 minutes today. Took a quick spin through the whole place. Really lovely.
Typing this at The Pier F...finally CX got it right!!! Loving the ambience and the overall design! At this time (10:30am on a Sat) there's hardly anyone here but I'd imagine it will get busy at peak hours. I just finished my foot massage and that was good (overall the treatment took abour 30 mins for the foot soak + massage, for anyone wanting to try do come here with plenty of time!) Definitely a significant upgrade from The Wing F!
Old Jun 27, 2015, 1:28 am

In here for a few hours today, just off the early-morning arrival from AKL. Transferring to TPE.

Had breakfast here, and I must say that the breakfast menu is very comprehensive. Lots of choices, and I had a hard time deciding. In the end, I went with fried dumplings with soy milk and a Chinese donut. I saw other patrons enjoying freshly-made french toast, a good english breakfast, etc. Sorry, I did not take a picture of the menu.

Wanted to use the day rooms for an hour, but was informed that the aircon was being serviced so it is very hot in those rooms. (Funny, the previous time I came, the day rooms were freezing).
Old Jun 27, 2015, 9:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I arrived at the Pier at 6.20am on Saturday and it was completely empty.

Thus I had a very fast breakfast in the Dining Room - served in 10 minutes. Much faster than the Wing F lounge.

Plus no queue for the massage (head, shoulders, back, neck and foot). Given how stressed I was, it was one of the best massages I've had in a long time, and well worth using. Professional and friendly.

As for QRC3288, at around 6.45am, I heard one pax asking if CX had an ironing service - though the staff took some time to understand what the traveller was requesting, they got it done eventually - I wonder if that was you!

Originally Posted by QRC3288

Old Jun 27, 2015, 10:37 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by SinoBritAsia
As for QRC3288, at around 6.45am, I heard one pax asking if CX had an ironing service - though the staff took some time to understand what the traveller was requesting, they got it done eventually - I wonder if that was you!
ha, that must've been me! We were definitely having communication problems. I can only speak Mandarin and English - my Cantonese is abysmal. To avoid making an utter fool out of myself, I generally avoid even attempting Cantonese.

We got it figured out eventually...what an awesome service.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 1:28 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Very keen to try the spa/massage to compare to QF F SYD/MEL.

What time is peak demand time for this lounge? I'm flying on the Wednesday 6.45pm CX service to DOH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.