Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2015, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
The new Pier First Class lounge is open as of 20 June 2015. You can see some details here:

http://www.ausbt.com.au/photos-video-cathay-pacific-opens-new-the-pier-first-class-lounge

http://focusedflyer.com/2015/07/06/review-of-cathay-pacific-the-pier-first-class-lounge/

First class lounge menus - if you have any new menus, please post:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1813204-cx-f-class-lounge-menus.html

The Pier Business Class Lounge at Hong Kong International Airport is open as of 18 June 2016. Discussion about the new Pier J lounge can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1765339-pier-j-lounge-re-opening-late-may-2016-a.html
Print Wikipost

The New Pier F Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2015, 10:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

As a JL Hkg-based owe, i didnt and normally wouldnt. But ive seen an aussie who did.
He had a long transit n said he'd go back, so i wont blame him (for better service later) and so would i if i were in his shoes.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 11:27 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Just popped into the Pier and first impression is that it's loads better than the Wing F!

Everything is this warm decor and just wonderful. The menu in the restaurant is clear and detailed. Looks very proper.

And it's not crowded at all.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 3:39 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by alphaod
Just popped into the Pier and first impression is that it's loads better than the Wing F!
Welcome to the party! Awesome right?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
The New Pier F and J lounges

My first visit today too, and yes, awesome..just wow!! No comparison with The Wing really (which is a pity as most of my transits tend to arrive or depart from gates 1-4)..

And I quite liked the 'Cathay No 7' fragrance.

The cocktails at the bar were great (Wanchai Ferry providing for a much needed alcoholic take on Cathay Delight ) as was the food- didn't use the rest nooks though they looked great..given my 'colder the better' preference, doubt I'd take issue with the aircon blast coming hitting direct.

Only shortcoming that I could think was the rather basic whisky offering - no single malts! (stark contrast coming off longhaul F with Glenmorangie Signet).
Old Aug 4, 2015, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by jumbojet19920711
Shower: likely sufficient time, especially if 841 arrives early (often the case for long-haul flights, though YMMV)
Foot massage: unlikely
Thanks for this. Unless we come in and depart from sub-30 gates, I've told my family we are making a bee-line for the Pier. No bathroom breaks, no shopping, no being last to deplane. We are on a MISSION!

Thanks all - Jamie
Old Aug 5, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by QRC3288
I may be missing a few but F these days has really thinned out. Even in Europe it's only MXP, FRA, CDG and LHR.
+ZRH

I really like the atmosphere in the new Pier, I was through in the late evening and it was just so serene. A very classy lounge indeed.

Only complaint really was the fan in the dayroom and stale, rock hard bread in the Pantry.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:35 pm

The Wing food selections is such a joke now that I just eat at Maxim at the airport, and go to the Wing for some soups, salads, and drinks. Then I chill in the cabanas. Pier is usually too far for me as my gates are usually around the Wing.

Last time I went in here are the hot foods selections:

Pork in Brown Sauce

Chicken fried with onion in brown sauce (yes, they used the same sauce for two plates)

Fried Rice with NOTHING (they claim scallop fried rice, but I see maybe a few tiny pieces on the entire plate)

Soysauce Fried Noodles

Dimsum selections (the only good plate left that still hasn't compromised)

Urgh
Old Aug 7, 2015, 7:00 am

Currently sitting in The Pier, and as has been stated ad nauseam, it's pretty great. While there is a pretty good amount of people, the space and layout makes it feel much less crowded than The Wing, and the ambiance is generally very relaxed, serene.

The Pantry has a nice selection of snacks and drinks, and the waitresses have been very attentive with our drinks from the bar, though there was some confusion when ordering off the set cocktail menu (the waitress wasn't familiar with a gin and tonic, though the bartender had no issues). We had dinner at the Dining Room and much preferred this to the selection at The Wing, or any airport dining we've experienced, really.

It is a bit out there for our flight, but really only a 10-15 minute walk. When trying to enjoy a meal, or with several hours to kill, I think it's definitely worth the trek.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: RVT 1K
Have just over 6 hour lyover in the afternoon, early evening this week...first time on CX. Arriving in F and departing in J. Is it only the Wing that has the Cabanas? Really want a good long shower and time to refresh. I like HKIA so do not mind hiking around a bit, what is the best bet for a lounge visit for a first timer?

Skip trying a Cabana and go to the Pier?
Old Aug 12, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by RS250Racer
Have just over 6 hour lyover in the afternoon, early evening this week...first time on CX. Arriving in F and departing in J. Is it only the Wing that has the Cabanas? Really want a good long shower and time to refresh. I like HKIA so do not mind hiking around a bit, what is the best bet for a lounge visit for a first timer?

There is usually a line for the cabanas, but with 6 hours layover, you should be able to get in. If you want a shower, I prefer the new Pier F, but the difference is not that much. If you like a relaxing environment, try Pier F. Wing F is just too crowded. You can go to both lounges if you have time.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: RVT 1K
Many thanks CXfan, will see what is closer to my gate and go from there!
Old Aug 14, 2015, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by RS250Racer

I would only really head to the Wing for a cabana if you want to take a bath. In my opinion the showers at the Pier are very well appointed, and would prefer them as well if just needing a shower.

While the cabanas may have a queue at times, last time I was through the Wing in the early afternoon, I was able to get one immediately, so you might not have that long of a wait depending when you arrive.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 3:51 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by Flythe96flag
While the cabanas may have a queue at times, last time I was through the Wing in the early afternoon, I was able to get one immediately, so you might not have that long of a wait depending when you arrive.
yea, Cabana waits definitely depend on time of day. As a general rule, the line **tends** to be longest in the mornings IME. Although I've been shown a Cabana on the spot in the am, more often it seems like a significant line.

Lately I've been getting a buzzer out of curiosity for FT. Numerous instances I've left the lounge for my flight roughly 45 minutes after taking a buzzer, and it didn't go off. So while I don't know how long the wait actually was, I do know it was longer than 45 minutes.

That said, I have never waited more than 5-10 minutes for a regular shower. Unlike the Cabanas, I am a frequent actual user of the showers and never have a problem getting one. (and, in my 4 times at the Pier F so far, haven't waited for a shower there either).

Mornings are crushed with long-haul to short-haul transit pax and with only 5 Cabanas, you can be SOL.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Does anyone know how late the dinner menu is available in the Pier F lounge ?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Does anyone know how late the dinner menu is available in the Pier F lounge ?
I would certainly assume until the lounge closes, which according to the CX website is at 23:30.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.