Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New Bangkok Lounge (Opened June 2015)

New Bangkok Lounge (Opened June 2015)

Old Jun 1, 2015, 8:35 am

We fly out of BKK July 24th, hopefully it's opened by then. Did they have posted signs for the opening date, or are you guesstimating?
Old Jun 1, 2015, 3:55 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by Superorb
We fly out of BKK July 24th, hopefully it's opened by then. Did they have posted signs for the opening date, or are you guesstimating?
I spoke with ground staff.

In Thailand posting a sign about the opening date? LOL. We're lucky it's only a two month delay. Park Hyatt was originally supposed to be Jan 2015. Delayed over a year. Nonthaburi MRT extension.....delayed. TIT (this is Thailand).
Old Jun 1, 2015, 4:58 pm

I didn't realize Thailand dragged its feet so much.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 6:35 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by gemini573
I spoke with ground staff.

In Thailand posting a sign about the opening date? LOL. We're lucky it's only a two month delay. Park Hyatt was originally supposed to be Jan 2015. Delayed over a year. Nonthaburi MRT extension.....delayed. TIT (this is Thailand).
Whats surprising is MNL got theirs opened first! hahahaha....
Old Jun 1, 2015, 7:41 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by Superorb
I didn't realize Thailand dragged its feet so much.
Going slightly off topic. ARL (airport rail link), was supposed to completed back in 2006. Project was finished towards the end of 2009. It took another 10 months to get it fully operational towards the end of 2010.

There was an express train from Phaya Thai station to Suvarnabhumi. It's no more! It's all city line trains!

Originally Posted by kesler.go
Whats surprising is MNL got theirs opened first! hahahaha....
It took how long for terminal 3 to be fully operational????

Last edited by 77W_12A; Jun 1, 2015 at 7:46 pm
Old Jun 1, 2015, 7:49 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist

It took how long for terminal 3 to be fully operational????
Well...you're asking for the impossible...hahahaha at least the lounge looks good.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 11:38 am

There was an express train from Phaya Thai station to Suvarnabhumi. It's no more! It's all city line trains!
Even when I was in BKK last summer hardly anyone took the express from the airport. Everyone (including us) took the city line which we were planning on for this summer again as well.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 9:15 pm

Programs: CX DM, QF PL
Just heard from a friend in BKK that there is an MPO pre-view on Friday and lounge opens on Monday 8th June!
Old Jun 3, 2015, 3:34 am
formerly gemini573

Originally Posted by insideman
Just heard from a friend in BKK that there is an MPO pre-view on Friday and lounge opens on Monday 8th June!
I had a peak throw the cracks of the door two days ago. If they managed to finish the work needed to complete the lounge in two days (was there on 1/6), and in time for the 8th of June opening, that's amazing.

From what I saw, it didn't look close to being done. The part of the lounge that is directly across from QF....it didn't look like they did anything.

Last edited by 77W_12A; Jun 3, 2015 at 10:08 am Reason: added content
Old Jun 3, 2015, 6:10 am

Agreed - I saw the door wide open last Thursday and it really looked very very far from done.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 5:32 am

Update: CX has advised me that the BKK lounge will open to passengers at 4.30am on Tuesday 9th June, not directly after the preview/'official opening' on Monday.

Last edited by djsflynn; Jun 5, 2015 at 1:17 am
Old Jun 4, 2015, 9:41 am

I hope they don't just throw the thing together in a rush and it turns out really crappy.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: MPC, OneWorld, 1865 Voyager, Hyatt, Horizon Club
Hope there is a soft opening on Monday for pax, sadly travelling on that day instead of Tues.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: Asia Miles, Marco Polo, Virgin Flying Club, Etihad Guest & Silver BA Executive Club
There have been several photos of the new lounge posted on instagram and it looks great! Seems that a few people were able to use the lounge.. A bit confused on that, considering djsflynn said that the BKK lounge won't open till Monday for the preview/'official opening'
Old Jun 6, 2015, 5:57 am
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Attended the preview of the new CX lounge yesterday in BKK and all I can say is WOW - an amazing lounge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.