Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New Bangkok Lounge (Opened June 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Bangkok Lounge (Opened June 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2015, 4:24 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
QF, CX, BA, AY, and UL really should collaborate and pool their resources to create oneworld J and F lounges at BKK. Even JL and MH could join in.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Isochronous
QF, CX, BA, AY, and UL really should collaborate and pool their resources to create oneworld J and F lounges at BKK. Even JL and MH could join in.
Agreed. Star how shown a good example with AirNZ's LAX TBIT lounge and also at LAX, Qantas took the lead on the QF/BA/CX business lounge there. I'd love to see Qantas repeat this in Bangkok, getting other Oneworld airlines involved and building one really great lounge - but of course, some airlines prefer to promote their own 'brand' and 'experience', and right now CX seems very much of that mind.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by djsflynn
Agreed. Star how shown a good example with AirNZ's LAX TBIT lounge and also at LAX, Qantas took the lead on the QF/BA/CX business lounge there. I'd love to see Qantas repeat this in Bangkok, getting other Oneworld airlines involved and building one really great lounge - but of course, some airlines prefer to promote their own 'brand' and 'experience', and right now CX seems very much of that mind.
QF barely flies to BKK
Whereas CX sees BKK as a mini hub
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:35 am
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by Kachjc
QF barely flies to BKK
Whereas CX sees BKK as a mini hub
QF barely flies to BKK anymore, but I think their lounge is utilized by EK (6 daily) and Jetstar. It used to be a nice lounge, but it's worn out now. I can see them keeping that lounge for those reasons.

JL Sakura lounge....yes and no. They have four daily flights; 2 to HND, 1 to KIX, and 1 to NRT. All departing early morning or late at night. They close that lounge a good part of the day. It matches CX opening hours. I will say it's 50/50 regarding the JL lounge, whether they keep it or close it.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:32 am

According to the Bangkok Post, QR will build a lounge at BKK, though I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere else and there's no completion date given.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/...ll-add-lounges
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:55 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Wonder if the BKK lounge would be any good.
Next port where they should build a new lounge is SIN.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by ermen
Wonder if the BKK lounge would be any good.
Next port where they should build a new lounge is SIN.
SIN will get the new lounge when T4 opens.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:19 am

Programs: CX Diamond, UA Platinum, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
FYI, flew thru BKK this past weekend. "D" lounge was packed and staff didn't mention going to the Louis' Tavern until asked.. I ended up going to the Qantas lounge (we were on a 1pm flight) and it was EMPTY. Only gripe was they still had breakfast food out at 12pm.

FYI...Qantas lounge is less busy at that time but Louis' tavern has a decent food offering if you're after that...
Old Mar 9, 2015, 6:34 am

Just an update: at a press briefing with CX product exec Toby Smith today, he confirmed "end of April" for Cathay's new lounge at Manila, with "end of May" for Bangkok.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 9:28 pm

Just an update: at a press briefing with CX product exec Toby Smith today, he confirmed "end of April" for Cathay's new lounge at Manila, with "end of May" for Bangkok.
Is it still going to be similar to the HND lounge?
Old Mar 20, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: CX MPC Gold
New Bangkok Lounge (due to open May 2015)

BKK lounge was so bad, especially from an F&B point of view, I stopped going. Will check out the new place when it opens but not holding out much hope. BKK is a pretty dreadful airport all round really, save that massage place. Thank the Lord for the Fast Track (APEC) lane.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
Is it still going to be similar to the HND lounge?
Yep. HND can be considered the template for new and refurb'd CX lounges, especially out-station ones (read: don't always expect showers).
Old Mar 21, 2015, 10:47 pm

Yep. HND can be considered the template for new and refurb'd CX lounges, especially out-station ones (read: don't always expect showers).
Thanks. We're flying out of BKK on CX J, but it's an F award. Two cabin plane only. We'll have access to F lounges in BKK due to the F award right? Also doing CX F HKG-HND on their old 744, then JL F HND-SFO. Looking forward to our first F flights, and on CX and JL no less!
Old Mar 21, 2015, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Superorb
We'll have access to F lounges in BKK due to the F award right?
I would imagine that since CX has virtually no F service at BKK, the new lounge won't have an F section. Since you're flying J ex-BKK, you probably will not have access to other OW F lounges. (Unless, of course, you are OWE).
Old Mar 23, 2015, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I would imagine that since CX has virtually no F service at BKK, the new lounge won't have an F section. Since you're flying J ex-BKK, you probably will not have access to other OW F lounges. (Unless, of course, you are OWE).
So the onward F on CX doesn't matter, even though there's no F offered on the flight? No, not emerald.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.