Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

status not reflected on crew manifest

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVP, TK Gold, Bonvoy Titatium

I got sec 1 and both mobile and printed boarding passes showed my DM status. I didn't get greeting or evian water, gold members seating around me were greeted. I got suspicious and enquire from the chief stewardess. True enough no status stated beside my name while there are only 2 more DM on the plane. There was an aircraft changed from 777 to 747 and the stewardess quickly move me up to PEY. I've written feedback. If you didn't get the normal greetings, please check if there a glitch in the manifest.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:49 am

Mind to share with us, your ticket fare basis?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 1:18 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
CX validates after the first 3 letters of the first name (and the full last name) - I know as my T/Agent once misspelled my first name and my Emerald status was not displayed on the B/P. The lounge agent called the helpline and they told her to force the FF number to Amadeus again - if the number is forced for the second time CX check-in system then assumes it is a correct one and accepts number/status even if validation fails.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by lky001
.. I've written feedback. If you didn't get the normal greetings, please check if there a glitch in the manifest.
Sounds as if you care to let CX know who you are.

Old Dec 22, 2014, 6:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B142 Safari/8536.25)

Its useful when u want food choices when ure last in the cycle
Old Dec 22, 2014, 7:44 pm

I agree having priority over meal choice is useful and I rather it stops at that.

As OWE I've been greeted several times in light while other passengers around me wonder what was going on. Must say the feeling is... awkward.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I agree having priority over meal choice is useful and I rather it stops at that.

As OWE I've been greeted several times in light while other passengers around me wonder what was going on. Must say the feeling is... awkward.
It does, especially when you are the only person that gets the greeting in the entire cabin :/

Of course it also sucks when you realize that you were the only one who didn't get the OptUp..

I have to agree with the above posts though, Reserving an entree when you are in R helps since they are limited.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 1:41 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
there is an ongoing issue with the new system

I had a thread going a week or two ago.

What the OP is experiencing has happened to me in about 30pct of my flights in the new CIV/SEC system.

This is not random....there is an obvious problem that started as soon as the CIV/SEC system was implemeted. Status is sometimes not recognized now, at least for DM. Very inconvenient!. Happened to me once last week on KA and another time on CX last week, in addition to 3-4x last month. In 6 years as a DM, they missed the recognition on board more in the last month than my previous 6 years. I even checked with the purser on my flight on Sat (this has happened numerous times to me now), and she confirmed I wasn't on the list despite there being 15 or so other DMs (I am a DM as well). Something is up. Btw, two of the flights I was missed were op-ups. at least two others weren't.

Would be great to get a sticky going with teething issues surrounding CIV and SEC.....another pain in the butt is the loss of seat blocking.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 7:42 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Originally Posted by carrotjuice

I like first choice in meal, but I find it weird when they bring your meal out before everyone else's. It's really weird when you're in the middle of the cabin and you're the only DM. So awkward.

I don't mind the greetings. I'm used it by now; just the out-of-order meal service for me is weird as heck.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 8:20 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by alphaod
I like first choice in meal, but I find it weird when they bring your meal out before everyone else's. It's really weird when you're in the middle of the cabin and you're the only DM. So awkward.

I don't mind the greetings. I'm used it by now; just the out-of-order meal service for me is weird as heck.
You'll get used to it....I find it incredibly useful. 1) they dont run out of your meal choice, 2) you get your meal fast, 3) they can usually collect your meal within minutes, instead of waiting eons like if you're with the regular service. Often my meal is collected before others are even served! I often work on my laptop on those regional flights in Y, and having the space clear to work is a huge benefit. I dont always take the meal, but when I do I really think this benefit is awesome because it ultimately keeps my space clear.

On a regular meal service, the tray could be stuck in front of you for 45 minutes. That can eat up a lot of potential laptop time on a short flight like say to/from Shanghai or Singapore. Getting served preferred as DM can be 10 minutes or less!
Old Dec 24, 2014, 5:51 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF

1. Just think you order a special meal and get served ahead of others, or;
2. You can ask them to hold to the meal and serve you with the other passengers.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: CX MPC GO; Golden Circle nobody!
Flew CX883 from LAX to HKG. Though I got an op-up, my DM status wasn't listed on the manifest. The whole J cabin had only one person with DM listed...which was strange.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 8:49 pm

Programs: CX DM, A3*G, Accor Adv. Plus Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hlton Diamond
Since new system started, flown 12 times on CX paid J between HKG-TPE, PEK, SIN, KUL.......

However, only 1 or 2 times got good DM service (greeting and first meal choice)..... I did not ask whether my name at manifest but I remember the service seems back to my status at GO/SL......
Old Dec 26, 2014, 4:31 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I'm curious, do you guys do OLCI only, re-checkin at the airport (kiosk or counter), or check in directly at airport?

When I do OLCI it's as a backup; I prefer the cardstock of the counter printed boarding pass, and I always present my card to the agent for him/her to verify it's inputted correctly (they often swipe it). I've never had an issue with non-greeting so far in the last 10 flights (knock on wood). The only miss was when I got DM the day before and I didn't have a card for the airport person to swipe.

Perhaps sometimes the online system doesn't transfer to the airport system correctly?
Old Dec 26, 2014, 5:00 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
I'm curious, do you guys do OLCI only, re-checkin at the airport (kiosk or counter), or check in directly at airport?

When I do OLCI it's as a backup; I prefer the cardstock of the counter printed boarding pass, and I always present my card to the agent for him/her to verify it's inputted correctly (they often swipe it). I've never had an issue with non-greeting so far in the last 10 flights (knock on wood). The only miss was when I got DM the day before and I didn't have a card for the airport person to swipe.

Perhaps sometimes the online system doesn't transfer to the airport system correctly?
CX's IT are not among the best , but not that bad. I never need to present my card on CX (but a few times on KA - it was obvious when I did not receive a lounge invitation).

I often do OLCI departing SFO, almost never in China, and occasionally in HKG and elsewhere. So far I do not see much difference other than the BN/SEC numbers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.