Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Red light and the beep… but no op-up?

Red light and the beep… but no op-up?

Old Dec 17, 2014, 6:57 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Originally Posted by midlevels

Could be anything, op-up is only one of the possible reasons.
Got this at the gate for an equipment change from a 772 to a A-340 (HKG-BKK flight) because my seat didn't exist anymore.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Well I see there are multiple scenarios.

I thought I was denied my op-up because I called out two guys who cut everyone at the gate which resulted in the entire J line complaining to the GAs.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 5:06 am

Programs: CX SL, BAEC Gold, IHG, Hyatt, Starwood,Ritz Carlton Reward
This is definitely a trend recently. Flew HKG-PEK the other day on CX. As usual the priority Q was about 3 miles longer than Y queue... anyway... almost everyone in the priority Q had a red beep, but actually no one got a new boarding pass... it got everyone excited for a second!
Old Dec 18, 2014, 6:04 pm

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
If anyone uses mobile boarding pass the op-up is automatically updated on your mobile boarding pass.

(For the past 2 days I have been frantically reloading my mobile boarding pass. Called in to MPC T-55hr CX829 YYZ-HKG and scored a mileage upgrade to PEY, and then ~T-90mins scored the op-up to J (haven't arrived at airport but saw it on my mobile boarding pass)
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:12 am

If you want know if you had been op-up check your mobile app, they update that real time now and the last op-up I knew I had because my mobile app seat changed to J cabin
Old Dec 24, 2014, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I use the Passbook pass on my iPhone… has anyone's pass just never update itself at all?

Mind doesn't seem to auto update, not even with gate information. I need to delete the pass, reload the link, and re-add my updated pass.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by alphaod
I use the Passbook pass on my iPhone… has anyone's pass just never update itself at all?

Mind doesn't seem to auto update, not even with gate information. I need to delete the pass, reload the link, and re-add my updated pass.
I don't think the passbook pass does. The mobile website does though.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 12:44 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
i've had a red beep when flying J in a 2 class config. obviously no opup.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
It is one of life's ultimate let downs though when the beep-beep red light goes and nothing happens.
I wonder how difficult it would be to change the signal for an upgrade, not talking fanfare here, maybe 3 beeps?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.