Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Signing up for MPC- Temporary card for lounge access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2014, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

I have around 34k miles in my Asia Miles account and I'd like to sign up for MPC so I can get the Silver tier and get lounge access for my upcoming trip this Saturday.

I won't be able to get a plastic card by then, but is there some way I can prove my status and still get in? Temporary card maybe?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 4:22 pm

Programs: CX (elite) and a few others (non-elite)
Ask Marco Polo to fax you a letter. I've done this previously when I mislaid my card. In any case if you are flying CX/KA your status should show up in their system, although it will take a while to filter through to other oneworld airlines
Old Nov 24, 2014, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B142 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by polar8
I have around 34k miles in my Asia Miles account and I'd like to sign up for MPC so I can get the Silver tier and get lounge access for my upcoming trip this Saturday.

I won't be able to get a plastic card by then, but is there some way I can prove my status and still get in? Temporary card maybe?
34k all by flying n no bonuses?( except class of service 25/50% multiplier
Old Nov 24, 2014, 5:06 pm

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
Have you flown those miles in one 12-month period? I wouldn't assume that they'll give you SL status based on AM earned before you join MPC. They may well, but it's entirely in their discretion. Try giving them a call and report back on how it goes.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:15 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
You don't need a card to have lounge access. It's all based on your status, not your card (so even if you had a card without the status, you couldn't get in).

You need to fly 30,000 miles within the span of one year after you join the program; they don't normally give Club status retroactively and Club miles must all be in CX/KA or oneworld partners. It can't be from other non-oneworld partners, hotels, duty-free purchase, etc.

Anyways, assuming you have flown 30,000+ miles in the last 12 months on CX/KA, I would give them a call or send them an email. Worse case they deny you, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alphaod
You don't need a card to have lounge access. It's all based on your status, not your card (so even if you had a card without the status, you couldn't get in).

You need to fly 30,000 miles within the span of one year after you join the program; they don't normally give Club status retroactively and Club miles must all be in CX/KA or oneworld partners. It can't be from other non-oneworld partners, hotels, duty-free purchase, etc.

Anyways, assuming you have flown 30,000+ miles in the last 12 months on CX/KA, I would give them a call or send them an email. Worse case they deny you, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do.
Yes, all earned in the past 4 months, no bonuses.

I'll give them a call and see what they say.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by polar8

You need to fly 30k AFTER you join MPO. Otherwise, your best bet is to redeem your AM for access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.