Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

How do CX's Business Class seats compare to BA's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do CX's Business Class seats compare to BA's

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:06 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by percysmith
P.S. Is it because QR's an angled lie flat HKG-DOH?
(Thanks lch.chester) Angled flat problem to be corrected by "third quarter of 2014".
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:37 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by percysmith
(Thanks lch.chester) Angled flat problem to be corrected by "third quarter of 2014".
Meh... Looks like 2-2-2 configuration. Not good for solo traveler.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 12:14 am

If you desperately need a sleep, get the backward facing window CW

If you never go sleep on the flight, CX is your choice

If you are not so sure, Then go for CX
Old Jan 13, 2015, 8:02 pm
Suspended

BA in flight for j is Mike's away from what you get on cx. Staff attitude is key factor the whole experience with ba. In general its poor. Product wise ba is old & worn. Food on the ground or in the air is hit & miss but then I fly to get from A to B asap & sleep. BA win on lack of stupid stating the obvious in flight announcement which cx is terrible for.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by flyinghighinthesky
BA in flight for j is Mike's away from what you get on cx. Staff attitude is key factor the whole experience with ba. In general its poor. Product wise ba is old & worn. Food on the ground or in the air is hit & miss but then I fly to get from A to B asap & sleep. BA win on lack of stupid stating the obvious in flight announcement which cx is terrible for.
They are particularly bad with those announcements. From the moment descent starts you're bombarded with a non stop stream of announcements in a million different languages, on everything from the time of arrival to what the Captain had for breakfast.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA Exp, SPG Gold, Le Club Plat
Originally Posted by phol
They are particularly bad with those announcements. From the moment descent starts you're bombarded with a non stop stream of announcements in a million different languages, on everything from the time of arrival to what the Captain had for breakfast.
Totally agree. Worse is when some [well, I would dare to say....most] FA's accent when they try to do the English version. With so many hires from outports, is it really that hard to find a single FA on a given flight with better English??!
Old Feb 1, 2015, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC, Emirates Skywards, Etihad Guest & HiltonHHonors.
Even though the F.T'er has been convinced, I would like to add my bit to this thread.
I've flown CW many times and, as a solo traveller, have opted for the window seat. However, it was a task trying to get out to the aisle when the seat next to mine was fully extended. Then, towards the end of last year, I got to sample the CX J class seats on both a 777 and A340. What a difference!
There was unhindered aisle access and I could come and go, without having to clamber over anyone else.
CX gets the.....^^

Cypress

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.