Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Does CX handout free miles like candy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt

I was drunk like two weeks ago and I wrote an email to MPC just saying I wish Gold people should get a free bottle of water too, just not just Diamonds. I think it stemmed from my late flight where my throat was feeling a bit dry and I asked for a bottle and I was denied (basically told, they'll be back and then then sorry there was no water bottles left).

Anyways, I didn't think this was a big issue and being a drunken letter I didn't remember writing this. Today, I got a reply from CX apologizing for this and I was given 7500 miles for this inconvenience and a promise they will improve on this (yeah, good luck on that).

(OT: I had a written a surprising articulate email for a very drunk person)

So my question is, does CX basically give out AM like free candy? Because I'm not usually a complainer, so… should I become one?

(To be totally honest, I think I was hoping they had replied, "Sir, as a goodwill gesture, we are offering you an early upgrade to DM," you know being the customer oriented airline that they are—I'm only like 20k miles away!)

(So should I just reply back and ask for more?) :greedy: :shameless:

Last edited by alphaod; Oct 30, 2014 at 4:11 am
Old Oct 30, 2014, 4:16 am

Even when i;ve not been travelling with my Diamond plus clients (lowly Green or silver), the Cabin Crew..they've ever bought me water over just as i've boarded or i've asked for a sneaky bottle before takeoff nonetheless.

And what is wrong with taking an empty bottle and filling up from the fountains/coffee bars anyways?

But yay for more miles..
Old Oct 30, 2014, 4:18 am

thats 4000 more than that poor chap on an american airline who had to fly in a piss filled seat! Win!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.