Wiki Posts
Search

dragonair.com Gone

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2014, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP, SQ-PPS, Marriott PP
dragonair.com Gone

Appears to be problems with dragonair.com. A whois query looks like it's pending renewal or deletion. I don't usually book direct with KA but this is causing my login to AM to fail. Guessing everyone else is seeing the same behavior with the KA and AM websites?
Old Oct 18, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Yes, me too.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 6:27 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
If they have really forgotten to renew their domain registration that's hilarious. And heads will roll I expect.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 8:47 pm

Programs: QF, VN, SQ, SPG, IHG PG
I hope this might mean something big is about to happen! But I guess we are reading too much into it.

But dragonair.com seems to be working fine now.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by iadp
Appears to be problems with dragonair.com. A whois query looks like it's pending renewal or deletion. I don't usually book direct with KA but this is causing my login to AM to fail. Guessing everyone else is seeing the same behavior with the KA and AM websites?
Confirmed, it was not renewal speedily and the site was temporarily down due to probation status.

Just when I thought CX IT can't be more hilarious, they've proven me wrong again. How can a multi-billion dollar corporation not know when to renew their domain name? Sheesh.....
Old Oct 19, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
I have seen multiple times that enterprise domain renewal got ignored under the radar... they normally do multi-year payments (say 10) and the system admin that in charge of the renewal probably moved up or gone by then and start lost track of this.....
Old Oct 19, 2014, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisLi
I have seen multiple times that enterprise domain renewal got ignored under the radar... they normally do multi-year payments (say 10) and the system admin that in charge of the renewal probably moved up or gone by then and start lost track of this.....
You get advanced notices, that's just negligent. They usually asked you if you want to renew with less than one year, then 6 months, then 3 month, then 1 month, then weekly after that. That's a lot of notices......
Old Oct 19, 2014, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP, SQ-PPS, Marriott PP
They renewed the domain for another 2 years. Why they wouldn't extend it longer, I have no idea. It's not like we're talking big dollars here. Employee churn or not, there's no excuse for this to happen.

The cathaypacific.com domain name expires in a little less than a year. Let's see if they catch that one before it expires. I'm half tempted to set up a reminder to call them a week prior and give them a personal notice ;-)
Old Oct 19, 2014, 8:34 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat; SQ PPS; AA Platinum
Happens to the best of us. Microsoft forgot to renew a couple of its domain's. Once in 1999 and again in 2003. Some guy went ahead and paid the $35 renewal fee so he could get access back on his hotmail account

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20.../0945203.shtml
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by iadp
They renewed the domain for another 2 years. Why they wouldn't extend it longer, I have no idea. It's not like we're talking big dollars here. Employee churn or not, there's no excuse for this to happen.

The cathaypacific.com domain name expires in a little less than a year. Let's see if they catch that one before it expires. I'm half tempted to set up a reminder to call them a week prior and give them a personal notice ;-)
Heh heh, I'm tempted to buy it just to see what happens.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 5:21 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
dragonair.com Gone

Hmm - thought they'd resolved this...unable to login to my MPC account and see a 'dragonair.com expired on 10/16/2014 and is pending renewal or deletion'.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by jagmeets
Hmm - thought they'd resolved this...unable to login to my MPC account and see a 'dragonair.com expired on 10/16/2014 and is pending renewal or deletion'.
It's already resolved, I wonder why it hasn't populate to your DNS yet. You could just have really bad DNS that lags on updates.... try using OpenDNS or Google DNS.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
dragonair.com Gone

Google it was!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.