Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Missing a lot of credited flights recently

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt

Each week for the past month I have 2-3 flights that don't get credited and then I have to wait a week to put in a retro credit request. I fly 4 sectors a week, so 50%-75% fail rate is pretty bad.

I've also noticed the retro credit system is kind of silly sometimes. For example if I put in the KA flight number instead of the CX codeshare (or vice versa) that I booked with, my request still get rejected and then it will say I wasn't a passenger on the flight. If I resubmit with the correct flight number (basically it has to be the flight I booked), then I get credit for the flight.

It also gives me errors and rejects my retro credit if I submit the wrong booking class. I mean why can't the system just pull it from my booking? It asks for my ticket number anyways, so it's not like I can cheat the system. For example if I booked an M fare and put in say L fare by accident it will reject me and I have to resubmit a request. Now of course I triple check this, but still this need to unnecessary complications. A recently flight was rejected, but at the same time it was credited leading to more possible complications.

Example rejections:
"We are unable to find your membership name on the flight passenger list." (Rejected, so resubmitted with booked flight number)
"Incorrect ticket class provided. Details rectified and flight credited."
(Accidentally said I booked a M fare instead of a V fare for the wrong sector—it was the other way around—but I was credited for this flight after submitting the request, but I still got a rejected status )

I don't look at my transactions all the time and I fly the same flights every week, so it's annoying to go through all the transactions trying to figure which flights got credited and which one didn't.

Anyways if this sounds like a rant it is. I'm wondering if anyone has this issue or is it just me.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:34 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by alphaod
I'm wondering if anyone has this issue or is it just me.
All the time.

Don't forget the multiple calls to MPC, where agents say they'll fix something and then it doesn't happen.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:28 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
It never happened to me. It happened to my wife half of the time when she had mileage upgrades.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by QRC3288
Don't forget the multiple calls to MPC, where agents say they'll fix something and then it doesn't happen.
Ha. I thought the agent I called forgot or something. The agent told me he would take care of the issue and then nothing happened until I manually resubmitted my request online.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 1:15 am

It seldoms happens to me. Does your MPO number appear on the boarding pass?

i have once able to have to MPO agent to claim back miles for me without the need to submit the form online. Note that it wont appears as "missing miles claim" on cathaypacific.com, but the missed miles appear on thw transaction record a week or two later.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 2:09 am

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
I don't have this issue with CX flights though starting in August I notice that it takes a lot longer to post OW flights. In the past my AA flights are posted within a couple of days. Now it takes a whole month before they appear. As for MH, I still have to submit it manually.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 2:36 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by LchChester
It seldoms happens to me. Does your MPO number appear on the boarding pass?
It happens to me in the following situations:

1.) When flying multiple sectors in rapid succession, and/or mixing the KA/CX fare codes. Weeks where I have 4-8 segments, particularly in rapid succession on complex or jumbled itineraries (ie, ex-Taiwan to mainland China ticket with a stopover in HK, and during the stopover flying a separate HKG-SIN round-trip before proceeding to the mainland). It seems exacerbated when the tickets are a mixed bunch of CX/KA metal and jumbled CX/KA codes (I don't care which code I book under, and often find myself flying CX on a KA code or vice versa).

2.) Changed itineraries - aka, originally booked on (x) date and moved to (x+1) date.

3.) Upgrade-with-miles tickets. Had countless instances of PEY-J or J-F where no credit was issued without calling MPC (sometimes, multiple calls...and multiple rejections..."fare code is not eligible"...sigh).

4.) "M" is printed on your boarding pass. Presumably "M" is for "Manual" seat change, sometimes I've been upgraded for reasons I an oblivious to. It's not an op-up, but "M" seems to mean good news more often than not, kinda like "V" (which I see for birthdays and milestones). Maybe the original seat is broken or something else. But anyway, I've noticed when "M" gets printed sometimes the miles sometimes don't come through. I can't recall for "V".

I think this only really becomes an issue when you fly your pants off, or if you're constantly using miles to upgrade.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
I never encounter problem under 1 (similar to your case) or 2 (happens extremely heavy for me... Change 4.5 hours before flight, No show, Go show, OLCI then cancel then immediately pop-up at check-in counter etc etc...)

I also had a few posting problem under 3

Never had 4 on my boarding pass... As far as I remember I never had M, only had V once, and maybe 2 to 3 I every year (I qualify by sector...)... TPE KHH BKK all no luck... Not to say PEK PVG SIN TYO...

1.) When flying multiple sectors in rapid succession, and/or mixing the KA/CX fare codes. Weeks where I have 4-8 segments, particularly in rapid succession on complex or jumbled itineraries (ie, ex-Taiwan to mainland China ticket with a stopover in HK, and during the stopover flying a separate HKG-SIN round-trip before proceeding to the mainland). It seems exacerbated when the tickets are a mixed bunch of CX/KA metal and jumbled CX/KA codes (I don't care which code I book under, and often find myself flying CX on a KA code or vice versa).

2.) Changed itineraries - aka, originally booked on (x) date and moved to (x+1) date.

3.) Upgrade-with-miles tickets. Had countless instances of PEY-J or J-F where no credit was issued without calling MPC (sometimes, multiple calls...and multiple rejections..."fare code is not eligible"...sigh).

4.) "M" is printed on your boarding pass. Presumably "M" is for "Manual" seat change, sometimes I've been upgraded for reasons I an oblivious to. It's not an op-up, but "M" seems to mean good news more often than not, kinda like "V" (which I see for birthdays and milestones). Maybe the original seat is broken or something else. But anyway, I've noticed when "M" gets printed sometimes the miles sometimes don't come through. I can't recall for "V".

I think this only really becomes an issue when you fly your pants off, or if you're constantly using miles to upgrade.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 3:50 am

Programs: CX GO (in hibernation mode), AA EXP, SPG GO, HH DM
Originally Posted by Rivarix
I don't have this issue with CX flights though starting in August I notice that it takes a lot longer to post OW flights. In the past my AA flights are posted within a couple of days. Now it takes a whole month before they appear.
interesting....i too have noticed this with my AA miles crediting to my MPC account
Old Oct 7, 2014, 7:56 am
Original Poster

1.) When flying multiple sectors in rapid succession, and/or mixing the KA/CX fare codes.

3.) Upgrade-with-miles tickets.

4.) "M" is printed on your boarding pass.

I do fly a lot with short, but multiple sectors. More than often than not, when I get to the airport check-in counter they usually tell me, so-and-so flight is next to take off and that I've been changed to that flight.

Otherwise I rarely upgrade with AM and the times I have, the flights credited (sometimes only the upgrades sectors were credited—go figure).

And I've never seen the 'M' or 'V' you're referring to, but probably haven't been a MPC member long enough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.