Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

onward boarding pass with 2 separate bookings?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2014, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Would like to ask for some information regarding my upcoming flight in Nov.
I have 2 confirmed bookings for my SIN-HKG-KIX. The SIN-HKG(in J) leg is booked separately from the HKG-KIX(in F). The connecting time is 2 hours and 50 mins.
When I check in at the CX counter at SIN, will I be able to get the onward boarding pass for the HKG-KIX as well? Or do I have to check in at the transit/transfer desk after arriving at HKIA?

I understand from the FAQ that my luggage can be checked through to KIX so there will be no need to collect luggage during my transit in HKG.

Thanks for any advice!
Old Sep 28, 2014, 1:22 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Yes
My bro checked thru successfully to syd-hkg-ngo on two separate bookings in may
Old Sep 28, 2014, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
I think you will be fine. The agents in SIN are very good. If for some reason they can't check you in (had a similar issue in the past) they actually sent a note to HKG and a CX agent met me at the plane on arrival with my boarding passes. Worst case, you can check in at the transfer desk on arrival (doesn't require you clear customs and instead get your BP, then head back through security into the terminal).
Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Yes, since your entire trip is with CX, you should be able to check your bags all the way through and get your BP at SIN
Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC Green, DL Gold, TG ROP Gold, TK Elite
I think this shouldn't be a problem for CX. I recently had two flights booked on separate tickets travelling HKG-SIN on CX, and SIN-KUL on MH. CX issued boarding passes for both flights at HKG check-in.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for their answers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.