Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Last minute aircraft change swap me to window seat....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2014, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

I know CX is doing the best it can with plane swaps but they can please add an algorithm to make sure their elite members get the seat preferences they wanted or try their best? Just went to airport and got placed in window seat on 3 hour flight and CX "can't do anything about it". I am frequent bathroom user so my seatmates won't be happy either...
Old Sep 21, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
This kind of thing really annoys me. I've been asked to move a couple times to accommodate other pax, and I've generally said yes. But at other times, when I've asked them if they could fix this kind of mix-up on their part, suddenly they're unwilling to do a similar favor for me.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 8:11 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
They did that to me on my flight to PVG a week ago. When it beeped, I thought I got a J seat. As it turned out, I stayed in PEY and got a window seat instead . It was a short flight and I only went to the bathroom once. My neighbour visited the bathroom at least twice. So it was OK .
Old Sep 21, 2014, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Well, at least it wasn't a middle seat. Now that would have been really annoying !
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:53 pm

What defies logic is that you travel as a party of 2 and you booked yourself onto the window seat and the window aisle seat in Y on an A330/A340 to/from Manila. And then they swapped the aircraft to a 747 last minute and guess what - nobody tells you at check in, but you end up having a window seat, the aisle seat on the window side, and a STRANGER in between you two !

The IT function within CX isn't exactly the strongest so I won't expect them to do anything anytime soon.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:16 am
Original Poster

My physical condition requires me to drink much fluid and as a result I frequent the loo. Visited the loo 4 times this time, and by the 4th time the two pax are clearly annoyed... oh well....

Really hope CX doesn't just assign seats on random when they do plane swap...
Old Sep 22, 2014, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by CrazyJ82
This kind of thing really annoys me. I've been asked to move a couple times to accommodate other pax, and I've generally said yes. But at other times, when I've asked them if they could fix this kind of mix-up on their part, suddenly they're unwilling to do a similar favor for me.
Same

But lesson learned:

Accomodating other people's requests --> requires just a simple yes
Requesting yourself --> requires a lot of pushing
Old Sep 22, 2014, 2:07 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
My physical condition requires me to drink much fluid and as a result I frequent the loo. Visited the loo 4 times this time, and by the 4th time the two pax are clearly annoyed... oh well....

Really hope CX doesn't just assign seats on random when they do plane swap...
I also like you normally need to visit the loo very frequent, that's why I need aisle seat, so I do not need to bother the other.

On my last CX flight (HKG-SIN), they put me in the "middle" seat in PE, as PE is 2-4-2 config. I was told nothing they can do. If I do not want, I can keep my Y seat.

Another CX715 also, they exchanged my BP at the gate and gave me window seat in PE.

Ok la, I cannot complain since they upgrade me to PE.

One time on TPE-HKG-SIN, they swapped the HKG-SIN last minute, as I lost my emergency exit seat, as they changed the aircraft. I have to fight for it to get it back. And interestingly, I flew the same aircraft for both sectors.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
I didn't have the same problem when I was MPC SL / GO, and I do have my preference set on CX Website under my profile

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...l-details.html
Old Sep 23, 2014, 4:03 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
As long as I'm not swapped to the middle, I'm usually fine. So far so good. *knock on wood*

But it is annoying especially when they don't tell you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.