Wiki Posts
Search

Should I be shame?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2014, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marco Polo Club; Asia Miles
Question Should I be shame?

Like most people here, we fly trans-pacific and flight time is from 10 - 15 hours or maybe longer..... Do anyone do the following things? Things that I do when I fly in J or even PYE.... Sorry, never flew on F before in my life.

1) After serving the 1st meal and the lights off, change to something comfortable like to a T-shirt and shorts or swear pants and change back before the 2nd meal before the lights on.
2) Take off your shoes, with the socks on of course
3) Maybe even rest my foot on the wall in front of a bulkhead seat, that's why I love bulkhead seat.
4) Walk to galley for drinks/snack without shoes but with socks on only

After reading the following article, I was sort of shock. Althought not as 'terrible' as them but close. Like to get some feedback from fellow buddies here before my next flight.

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/passeng...733539572.html
Old Sep 17, 2014, 4:40 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
What you're doing doesn't sound too bad. I've rested my feet on wall before (on top of the magazine pocket to be exact). But socks walking sounds nasty. I'd at least get slippers unless you plan to toss those socks. I'm usually already dressed for comfort (T-shirt, sweat pants, comfy shoes).
Old Sep 17, 2014, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
What airline will you be on?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
Originally Posted by JohnGreat
Like most people here, we fly trans-pacific and flight time is from 10 - 15 hours or maybe longer..... Do anyone do the following things? Things that I do when I fly in J or even PYE.... Sorry, never flew on F before in my life.

1) After serving the 1st meal and the lights off, change to something comfortable like to a T-shirt and shorts or swear pants and change back before the 2nd meal before the lights on.
2) Take off your shoes, with the socks on of course
3) Maybe even rest my foot on the wall in front of a bulkhead seat, that's why I love bulkhead seat.
4) Walk to galley for drinks/snack without shoes but with socks on only

After reading the following article, I was sort of shock. Althought not as 'terrible' as them but close. Like to get some feedback from fellow buddies here before my next flight.

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/passeng...733539572.html
With the possible exception of the feet on the bulkhead (which seems to elicit enormous distress in some corners of FT for some reason), what you're describing is entirely normal.

I'm not a fan of this Internet photograph-and-shame trend. The self-righteousness inherent in that demonstrates just as much "bad breeding," in its way, as many of the behaviors photographed.

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
What difference does it make?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marco Polo Club; Asia Miles
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
As always.... my favourite airline of all times.... Cathay Pacific Airways
Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:32 pm

1) Before departure or once the seatbelt signs are off, I usually change into a comfortable t-shirt, boxers and pajamas.

2) I take off my shoes always. Sometimes, I fly with sandals on (socks on ofcourse)

3) No need. You have an ottoman right in front of you.

4) I do it with footwear on. I've seen people though walk with just socks on. Hell, they walk to the toilets with just socks on! I would never walk to the toilet with just socks unless I have an entire cabin to myself. I had the entire upper deck on the 744 to myself once but it was only a short flight. And the floor of the toilet was clean and dry.

Numbers 1 and 3 - I only do it in J or above.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:52 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Number 1 you'll want to be careful about the timing because these days on the longer flights second meal is sometimes in the middle of the flight, not at the end.

Otherwise these are all normal things that I see people doing all the time.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by CrazyJ82
What difference does it make?
Since OP will be flying CX F, s/he'll get PJs, possibly obviating the need for sweats, etc.

Originally Posted by maortega15
1) Before departure or once the seatbelt signs are off, I usually change into a comfortable t-shirt, boxers and pajamas.
When you're in your usual seat?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 12:20 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
I think walking the alley with socks only is ok in my opinion. I did it before, as I normally take my shoes off and it is quite hassle just to put it on just for toilet break.

But you need to be careful not to wet your socks.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 12:46 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
This thread is not related to Cathay Pacific. I'm closing this thread.

sxc
Cathay Pacific Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.