Lousy Cathay Pacific Service

Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Lousy Cathay Pacific Service

Hi all,

Guess what? I flew Cathay Pacific back from Hong Kong today and the stewardess did not serve me any food on board the 4 hour flight when every other passengers were served theirs. I have already lodged official complaints with Cathay Pacific, Swire Pacific, the Hong Kong Tourism Board & the HK Consumer Council. Now I am seriously thinking of getting my lawyers to sue Cathay Pacific. Any thoughts, anybody?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Consider involving the UN Security Council, Amnesty International and the International Red Cross, as this is an obvious violation of the Third Geneva Convention. Follow up with the International Criminal Court at the Hague to see if Cathay Pacific staff and executives can be imprisoned and or given the death penalty.

In all seriousness, you're seemingly overreacting because you aren't giving much context other than "I wasn't served a meal". Those are my thoughts- that some explanation and narrative of what happened when meals were passed out and if you tried to address this during the flight (and how the crew responded) might provide some context to your reaction of wanting to sue everyone and complaining to anyone who might listen who is remotely relevant. Otherwise you come off as going nuclear over a pretty mild service failure.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:00 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Please continue this topic in its new home, the Cathay Pacific | Asia Miles forum.

Prospero
Senior Moderator
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Josephng
Hi all,

Guess what? I flew Cathay Pacific back from Hong Kong today and the stewardess did not serve me any food on board the 4 hour flight when every other passengers were served theirs. I have already lodged official complaints with Cathay Pacific, Swire Pacific, the Hong Kong Tourism Board & the HK Consumer Council. Now I am seriously thinking of getting my lawyers to sue Cathay Pacific. Any thoughts, anybody?
Is it because you fell asleep when the meal service was on, and when you woke up you didn't ask?

Please do us all a favour and fly another carrier next time. I'm sure they'll serve you better.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:10 pm

Will a lawyer even take on a case as ridiculous as this?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold, SPG Plat
Just out of curiosity, how much do you plan on suing for?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by hamburglar
Will a lawyer even take on a case as ridiculous as this?
Lawyers will take any case that will help their billable hours. Even the ridiculous ones. Usually the first year trial lawyer will take it to increase their billable hours.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 4:03 pm

Hi all,

Did you fall asleep and they couldn't serve you when you have waken because it's close to landing?

Did they look at you and laugh at you and say they will not serve you because they don't like you? Then you may have a case.....
Old Sep 17, 2014, 4:05 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Hi all,

a.) are you serious?

b.) if the answer to "a" is "yes", could you provide details about the flight? Flight #, class you were seated in, more info about why you weren't served (asleep? they flat out rejected you? ran out of food? something else?) and perhaps some other relevant details?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 4:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I flew Cathay Pacific back from Hong Kong today and the stewardess did not serve me any food on board the 4 hour flight when every other passengers were served theirs.
Details matter and your post seems to be lacking quite a bit of them.

Does Cathay refer to their flight attendants at stewardesses? Sounds like something from the 60s.

Welcome to FlyerTalk :}
Old Sep 17, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club; Asia Miles
I flew Cathay Pacific back from Hong Kong today and the stewardess did not serve me any food on board the 4 hour flight when every other passengers were served theirs.
Please provide more details..... I have flown with CX and am a Marco Polo member for more than 20 years. I refuse to believe this incident occurring to any CX passenger. You must have missing something.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Oh life's great mysteries! Will the OP come back to enlighten us? My money is on no...
Old Sep 17, 2014, 5:25 pm

Problem # 1 - You did not state your departure airport and time of departure. I have to assume then 4 hours to and from Hong Kong, you have the following: Jakarta, Denpasar, Surabaya, Seoul/ICN, Sapporo and to a certain extent, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Tokyo, Nagoya, Beijing (Can last long as 4 hours or so depending on conditions)

Problem # 2 - You didn't give the folks here a brief on what happened. You just stated in general that you didn't get food. We need to know more mate. Why did you not receive food? Were you asleep, flat out rejected, what?! I doubt time was an issue as it was a 4 hr flight. Even the folks on Taipei and Manila runs get all of their food even upon descent!

Problem # 2 - Did you ask or mention to the cabin crew that you didn't get food? You could just ask you know.

Overall, your thread doesn't say anything. It just states that you didn't get food.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I have $100 that says that there's more to this story. There are numerous stories about airline atrocities like this in the Account audit / fraud issues - Busted selling miles thread over in the AA forum. Nearly all of them end up the same. Initial claim of war crime type behavior by the airline. Later it comes out that there's much more to the story and it seems that the airline didn't behave so unreasonably after all.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
Pardon the pun, but let's not feed the troll....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.