Search

Cx f yvr-jfk

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Gold, DL, AA, UA
Cx f yvr-jfk

Hello,

I have an opportunity to take the redeye YVR-JFK in F. What is the service like on that flight. Is the service worth taking a redeye back East especially in light of the fact I probably wouldn't sleep much on the plane, so I would be exhausted when I got home. There is Z space on the flight and have never done CX before in any class of service
Old Sep 16, 2014, 12:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by GNVFlyer
Hello,

I have an opportunity to take the redeye YVR-JFK in F. What is the service like on that flight. Is the service worth taking a redeye back East especially in light of the fact I probably wouldn't sleep much on the plane, so I would be exhausted when I got home. There is Z space on the flight and have never done CX before in any class of service
If you're planning on staying awake, you'd probably be better off taking 889 (reverse direction) instead if you can work it into your plans. 888 on the YVR-JFK sector is more of a chill out flight. After the meal, almost everyone sleeps until 40 minutes outside of JFK, if not longer. There is no better way to cross the country than 888/889, but don't expect much in the way of service on 888.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 4:35 pm

Treat it as better than a domestic flight, not as good as a trans-pacific flight.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:34 pm

Also the first lounge in YVR is pretty limited and there's no arrivals service in JFK.

Having a couple of glasses of Krug and then drifting off in a comfy flatbed is certainly one of the least painless ways to get across the country in five hours, but I wouldn't put myself on a red-eye just for that.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Gold, DL, AA, UA
Thanks gang

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.