Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking to get bumped

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Looking to get bumped

I currently have an AA J award ticket booked on CX from TPE-HKG-SIN-KUL-DPS. I intentionally made this itinerary to increase chances of possibly getting bumped and to have a couple lengthy layovers so I can pop into a few cities.

Since AA allows free changes to award tickets as long as you do not change the origin/destination - does anyone have any suggestions on routes/flights to take that would increase the likelihood of me getting bumped?
Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
I'm skeptical about whether this will work. CX does overbook often, but they're most likely to op-up elites instead of leaving someone behind. I can think of only one flight I've been on in the past few years when they were asking for volunteers. I assume only your TPE-HKG-SIN is on CX -- the rest is on MH? Frequencies are so high on those routes that you're more likely to be rebooked on the next flight an hour or two later.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 10:48 pm

Highly Highly unlikely with being bumped. CX is quite good at revenue management and unlike American based airlines, will seldom overbook to the extent of needing someone to get bumped.

Furthermore, the itinerary you are on has such high flight frequency that it's impossible to get bumped.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CrazyJ82
I'm skeptical about whether this will work. CX does overbook often, but they're most likely to op-up elites instead of leaving someone behind. I can think of only one flight I've been on in the past few years when they were asking for volunteers. I assume only your TPE-HKG-SIN is on CX -- the rest is on MH? Frequencies are so high on those routes that you're more likely to be rebooked on the next flight an hour or two later.
I am too bc of reasons you listed but thought I'd try and get some input from others.

Yes the rest is on MH...and there is basically NO WAY to get bumped given how empty all their flights are.

Thx for input!
Old Sep 15, 2014, 1:13 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Looking to get bumped

OT, but on MH..
Not empty between SIN and KUL..did 3 of these sectors with MH over the last few weeks, SIN-KUL-SIN was 95-100% full! And 2 of the flights were off-peak.

They need to start deploying wide bodies to SIN...often promo fares are unbookable for lack of availability for this short hop.
(And while on loads, KUL-HKT had 64pax outbound and 51 inbound, though one KUL-REP was full-ish).
Old Sep 15, 2014, 1:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bg26892
I am too bc of reasons you listed but thought I'd try and get some input from others.
Like the others have said, the bump thing isn't going to happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.