Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Walking distances arriving HKG on way to MNL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Walking distances arriving HKG on way to MNL

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2014, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AE Business Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt,, Priority Pass for AE & RC Chase, Global Entry, CLEAR
Yes, Moondog, no one cared. The Cathay site needs a rewrite for clarity.

This was my first time flying CX and I have been totally won over. The young woman at the counter was so helpful and kind, I've never seen that degree of service with American carriers. She went out of her way to help when she saw I did not have locks, for example. So it killed me when, at the gate, some passenger is berating her because she doesn't like the way the lines are.

Anyway, I opted not to use the wheelchair in TBIT but did in Hong Kong (a big help).
I'll post about the seat on another thread. (it was great)
Old Sep 16, 2014, 5:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by onebigworld
Yes, Moondog, no one cared. The Cathay site needs a rewrite for clarity.
It's not really their policy in most cases.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by moondog
I wouldn't sweat checking the battery back too much. On the off chance it gets nabbed, gadgets like that cost next to nothing in Asia.
This is beside the point. The reason for the regulations is due to the number of suitcases which DO actually catch fire when these small Lithium-ion battery packs are crushed in luggage and start burning.

Battery packs may cost nothing to replace, but 300+ lives and a US$350million jet are quite expensive compared to simply carrying said battery pack on.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by CXhk
This is beside the point. The reason for the regulations is due to the number of suitcases which DO actually catch fire when these small Lithium-ion battery packs are crushed in luggage and start burning.
What kind of numbers are we talking about?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:03 pm

The rules are broadly stated but selectively enforced, mainly against people who have suitcases full of these batteries. They are much more expensive in India, for example.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.