Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

on-line check-in doesn't recognise allocated seats?

Old Aug 31, 2014, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)

Quick question. I have OW status, travelling with my mother who doesn't.

Rang CX who allocated us two seats together.

Manage my booking shows us sitting together (42AC), but when I go to on-line check-in it asks us to select seats. Will not progress check-in till we select seats.

Seats 42AC are showing as occupied on the seat map, and there are only a few extra seats around the cabin (almost full flight).

Is this normal? Have we been booted out of 42AC and should select others, or do we just turn up at the airport and they'll still be there?

Thanks in advance.

(we are connecting on from HKG to USA, and that flight is not open for check-in, maybe that's the issue?)
Old Aug 31, 2014, 2:30 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
In my case the check in always recognises the pre allocated seats.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days

Are you on separate or the same pnr? I had this issue recently with a non-status pax on a different pnr and although their seat selection (made via MPO over the phone) had showed in mmb, come OLCI it was gone. Raised the issue at the airport and they were totally uninterested in helping to fix it.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CrazyJ82
Are you on separate or the same pnr? I had this issue recently with a non-status pax on a different pnr and although their seat selection (made via MPO over the phone) had showed in mmb, come OLCI it was gone. Raised the issue at the airport and they were totally uninterested in helping to fix it.
Same PNR.

Just been on the phone to CX (25 minute hold I was hoping to avoid): the CX system is showing the seats assigned, however the airport control system is showing us without assigned seats. However the airport control system is showing our our seats as 'blocked' (just not for us in particular).

CX reservations are going to have a look into the issue and call me back. ^
Old Aug 31, 2014, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

UPDATE: no call as yet from CX but went back to on-line check-in and it has been resolved! Well done to CX for taking the time to sort that out by calling the airport. ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.