Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cebu "meal" service CX921/920

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:45 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
i love airline foods. i once had 3 steaks on JAL economy class back then when meal were made for humans.

today's CX airline food in economy is an animal feed. even for a guy who loves airline meal CX Y "feed" I just skip right through it.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by hadsst
CX Manager Catering Services responds to a question on poor Y food offering in TPE flights in this month's CX World:
(http://downloads.cathaypacific.com/c...pdf/CXW220.pdf)

Is CX finally conceding the fact that boxed meals are not premium enough for a premium airline?

CX has not been a premium airline for a LONG time....

Last edited by zhaobao; Aug 25, 2014 at 11:56 pm
Old Aug 26, 2014, 9:43 pm

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
KA from CCU, 4 hour flight in Y: inedible sandwich in a box, and the only drink offered is water.

I recall Indian Airlines (now Air India) used to be water-only; nowadays I believe even they do better than that. Yet CX/KA is supposed to be a top airline.
The food in Business is hardly better. Fruit as an appetizer, very, very cheap main course. At least they give ice cream for dessert (only saving grace).

But, yes obviously better than your Y experience. AI does better than this on 2 hour domestic flights.

SQ does a far better job in Y out of CCU. SQ Business is fantastic out of CCU.

There is nothing premium really about KA/CX. I still don't get what all the hoopla is all about (Skytrax etc).
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:01 pm

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
Originally Posted by zhaobao
CX has not been a premium airline for a LONG time....
CX has been on a slide for a while now. Lowering their prices as well as service/meal options.

Although they are still slightly better than many other airlines, they are no longer the CX we used to know already.

PS: I've taken HKG-TPE on CX several times this year, fried rice served onboard is of poor quality
Old Aug 29, 2014, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold.
I don't think catering in any class on any route (maybe with the exception of First - never flown it) is Cathay's strong point.

I fly J longhaul on Cathay regularly and the food is very average - especially if compared to the other asian/middle eastern carriers.

However the inflight service, J seats and HKG lounges more than compensate for me.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 5:48 pm

Once there are enough complaints, CX will look into it and change it just like the former longhaul business class seats aka coffin seats. I really miss those sandwiches though on the MNL runs. I would request some at times whether im in the jumpseat, J or even F!!
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:11 am

Was on flight to/from Nanjing which has a "regular" meal service - on a tray. However, I feel that the main meal in the box service has a larger portion. Thoughts ?

Is Haagen Daaz not available anymore on ANY KA flight during regular lunch/dinner hours now ?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Was on flight to/from Nanjing which has a "regular" meal service - on a tray. However, I feel that the main meal in the box service has a larger portion. Thoughts ?
Tray = smaller portion of edible food
Box = larger portion of animal feed

--> prefer original tray meal
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:51 pm

The box meal to/from Danang was surprisingly edible and bordering on being delicious.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
The box meal to/from Danang was surprisingly edible and bordering on being delicious.
KA must be buying better meals than CX. I've never had a box meal on KA so I can't comment on that. I've only had a box meal on CX and that was bad news.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:59 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
KA from CCU, 4 hour flight in Y: inedible sandwich in a box, and the only drink offered is water.

I recall Indian Airlines (now Air India) used to be water-only; nowadays I believe even they do better than that. Yet CX/KA is supposed to be a top airline.
Speaking about water. I feel the water served in CX flight taste funny. Don't you guys think the same?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by midlevels
KA must be buying better meals than CX. I've never had a box meal on KA so I can't comment on that. I've only had a box meal on CX and that was bad news.
The boxed wrap to/from Manila on CX was discusting and totally inedible though. I was curious to find out what the KA version of the meal to/from Manila would be.

A friend of mine who flew to/from Beijing swears that they still serve Haagen Daaz on this flight. If they don't have the ice cream to/from Nanjing, I am wondering if they would have it to/from Shanghai.

Last edited by zhaobao; Sep 10, 2014 at 12:04 am
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by lingua101
Speaking about water. I feel the water served in CX flight taste funny. Don't you guys think the same?
You mean the Bonaqua ? There is a separate thread on the water served on CX flights.....
Old Sep 13, 2014, 3:07 am

Programs: MPC, Marriott, Hyatt
The boxed wrap to/from Manila on CX was discusting and totally inedible though. I was curious to find out what the KA version of the meal to/from Manila would be.

A friend of mine who flew to/from Beijing swears that they still serve Haagen Daaz on this flight. If they don't have the ice cream to/from Nanjing, I am wondering if they would have it to/from Shanghai.
I've had 2 HKG-PVG rts in the last two weeks - all four times, there were Haagen Daaz available (1 rt in J and 1 rt in Y). My only complaint is that chocolate ice cream isn't always available. On one Y leg, the only option was strawberry .

When I go ex-HKG, I tend to just grab an ice cream from the lounge, where the flavor options are better.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 12:52 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
You mean the Bonaqua ? There is a separate thread on the water served on CX flights.....
I dont think they ser e Bonaqua right? It tastes different withe the Bonaqua i get from lounge. Taste like tap water.

Let me find the threat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.