Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

the "three strips" on the side of F seats ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2014, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton

Hi, just out of curiosity, what are the three strips on the side of F seats represent?? I only saw two of the three were "on" at most (blue and green). what color is the last one? and what is it for?
Thanks
Old May 11, 2014, 11:52 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Not sure what the third one is for, but they represent whether the call button has been pressed, and also whether the seat is in the upright position.
Old May 12, 2014, 6:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
I thought the call button is a small light that comes on above your seat. I know there is a green light on the outside of the seat wall that comes on when you put the seat into the landing position.

Last edited by mayodave; May 12, 2014 at 6:17 am
Old May 12, 2014, 6:18 am
Suspended

Old May 12, 2014, 6:18 am

I'm not sure what you mean by strips?
Old May 12, 2014, 6:49 am
Suspended

On the outside of your pod / wall there is usually a green light on when you get in your seat. This tells the FA it is in the upright position for take off and landing. I have tried to uplaod a picture to show it more clearly but obviously failed.http://heelsfirsttravel.boardingarea...class-jfk-hkg/ Look at this and you will understand. I am confused if you press the call button if a light comes on over your seat or on this wall.
Old May 12, 2014, 7:59 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Originally Posted by Fly2Where
Hi, just out of curiosity, what are the three strips on the side of F seats represent?? I only saw two of the three were "on" at most (blue and green). what color is the last one? and what is it for?
Thanks
The last one is red, and is a warning light for difficult passengers - for example the DYKWIA types, as well as those who think the uniforms are too short and cannot behave themselves accordingly, etc.
Old May 12, 2014, 9:10 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B142 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by Too much travel
Thanks
The last one is red, and is a warning light for difficult passengers - for example the DYKWIA types, as well as those who think the uniforms are too short and cannot behave themselves accordingly, etc.
Oh yes i can testify. On my last flight from hnd, the 2a person was complaining and i saw that mysterious red light. I asked the lady in black and she told me secretly over a cuppa. Lol that was hilarious

Last edited by sxc; May 12, 2014 at 11:49 pm Reason: Modified language
Old May 12, 2014, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
I guess a similar system is used in J?

Old May 12, 2014, 12:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by kaka
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B142 Safari/8536.25)

Thanks
Oh yes i can testify. On my last flight from hnd, the 2a person was complaining like a mofo and i saw that mysterious red light. I asked the lady in black and she told me secretly over a cuppa. Lol that was hilarious
Wow so that wasn't a joke?
Old May 12, 2014, 4:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Thanks
Oh yes i can testify. On my last flight from hnd, the 2a person was complaining like a mofo and i saw that mysterious red light. I asked the lady in black and she told me secretly over a cuppa. Lol that was hilarious
Nope. It was until i saw it w my eyes
Old May 12, 2014, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton

wow... interesting. Would they pay more attention or the other way around?
Old May 12, 2014, 8:51 pm
Suspended

wow... interesting. Would they pay more attention or the other way around?
She kept it quiet, but seems to me, minimal attention.
Old May 12, 2014, 9:07 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Thanks
Blue means power socket in use.
Old May 12, 2014, 9:36 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by beckoa
[SIZE=1]
Before anyone gets carried away and gets the wrong idea...the DKYWIA indicator is a joke. But is probably a good idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.